Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

I haven't played Madden since a game or two of the first one where they put in the QB vision cones (2 or 3 years?) after playing Madden nearly every year. Last night, I played 1 O series and 1 D series and I was thoroughly confused. Could they make this game any more complicated? Every button does something and there are icons and all sorts of stuff popping up on the field.

Also, the announcer blows. It's the most boring, monotone guy that sounds like he is recording his lines via cell phone.

I know I'll eventually get used to this game, but seriously at some point you've put enough realism into the game. I don't like to do much more than just pick a play and snap the ball. Instead I have to go through 18 steps to make sure I'm getting the best matchups and reads and stuff. Madden has become too hardcore and no longer is easy to play on a casual level.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are still some major issues to address in the game. A franchise this large, it is pretty amazing that they continue to make the same oversights every year.

The entire special teams is a joke. I played the Bears, and several times I kick to Devin Hester and he knees it, WTF? I mean, obv I don't want him running on me, but it's pretty silly to see Devin Hester get a clear field in front of him and knee the ball.

Also the kickoffs, if you get a full bar kick it will always go out of the endzone or get a knee. The entire kickoff system is pretty unrealistic.

Also, is it just me or has fumbling gone up like 200% this year? If you perform any sort of joystick move you seem to be at a pretty huge risk. I have found the best strategy with running is just to hold turbo and jam it.

Also, when will Madden let players create online leagues and compete with franchises on XBOX Live? That would be so sick.

Oh yeah, the gameplay and graphics are pretty top notch. Easily the best madden overall in years.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are finally implementing it in NHL 2008. Hopefully it's the next thing they work on. It would be 'the nutz.'
Old 08-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Rick, you need the WiiMote and the Nunchuk.

Autocratic, I haven't seen any realistic sliders yet, they won't work on ranked online games if they do exist though.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:21 PM

i had a play where there was 5 or 6 fumbles in 1 play today
Old 08-16-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i had a play where there was 5 or 6 fumbles in 1 play today

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, running the Option is so confusing and non-intuitive it's pretty much not worth running.

Is anyone finding that some of the player ratings are VERY strange?

Steven Jackson doesn't seem to have near his real value in this game for one.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played Madden since a game or two of the first one where they put in the QB vision cones (2 or 3 years?) after playing Madden nearly every year. Last night, I played 1 O series and 1 D series and I was thoroughly confused. Could they make this game any more complicated? Every button does something and there are icons and all sorts of stuff popping up on the field.

Also, the announcer blows. It's the most boring, monotone guy that sounds like he is recording his lines via cell phone.

I know I'll eventually get used to this game, but seriously at some point you've put enough realism into the game. I don't like to do much more than just pick a play and snap the ball. Instead I have to go through 18 steps to make sure I'm getting the best matchups and reads and stuff. Madden has become too hardcore and no longer is easy to play on a casual level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:15 PM

I'm pickin it up today for 360, but wanted to ask if you guys are using the highlight stick on the fumbles? Try covering up the ball instead.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Coupon code for Sports Authority

Madden is available at Sports Authority, and if you use the coupon code FFTSA25 you get 25% off ($5 shipping), so about $50 for 360 or PS3 version. There is also an in store coupon for the same 25% off.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to go through 18 steps to make sure I'm getting the best matchups and reads and stuff. Madden has become too hardcore and no longer is easy to play on a casual level.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a diehard football fan this is exactly what I want out of Madden.

However, I see how the casual gamer could get turned off by this. Which is why I was disappionted when Madden became the only game on the market.

Btw, the fumbling is rediculous, its the only thing I really hate about the game.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have to go through 18 steps to make sure I'm getting the best matchups and reads and stuff. Madden has become too hardcore and no longer is easy to play on a casual level.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a diehard football fan this is exactly what I want out of Madden.

However, I see how the casual gamer could get turned off by this. Which is why I was disappionted when Madden became the only game on the market.

Btw, the fumbling is rediculous, its the only thing I really hate about the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

the 18 steps that you have to go through is what makes this a really really good game

sad thing is that madden has only caught up to nfl 2k5, just imagine if they didn't become the only NFL game

i don't fumble all that much, becuase last year i always hit the protect ball in many situations(this gave up a lot of yards but i never lost possession)

the interception is crazy though, but all of them were bad passes i guess