Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will I die
Yes 41 47.67%
No 45 52.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: How do you order your steak?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i also dont know what you guys are talking about, there is blood in steaks, although depending on certain factors (processing), that may be a lot or a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate with sources.

Also, since I'm actually bothering to reply to one of your posts, the teh [censored] and other intentional grammar errors is retarded, just stop.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not intentional I just type fast and dont geive a [censored]. get cancer, and do your own google search. A lot is also a relative statement in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull [censored], I've seen posts where you admit its an affectation. Just stop sucking so hard. It's even worse than your terrible internet tough guy act.

Regarding the "relative" blood content, no you do a [censored] search and have some facts to dispute a widely understood truth. Your ignorant ass does not get to make up [censored] and defend it with "prove me wrong".

Get cancer? You are a cancer.

J
Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't even order steak anymore if it's not a special place for steak cuz it's so easy to make great steak at home.

Hamburger is actually a trickier issue. I like my hamburgers rarer than my steak, somewhere in the rare - medium rare region, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, but I'm pretty scared of ordering them like that out. Even at better restaurants it's a little scary; you'd like to think that the fancy places have better food safety, but supposedly a lot of them are just awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find a place that grinds their own meat up daily, you can get away with a little rarer burger that way. Unfortunately its not too common
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 AM

I'll end the hate. For anyone that's retarded like me and can't really cook, here's a good video tutorial
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i also dont know what you guys are talking about, there is blood in steaks, although depending on certain factors (processing), that may be a lot or a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate with sources.

Also, since I'm actually bothering to reply to one of your posts, the teh [censored] and other intentional grammar errors is retarded, just stop.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not intentional I just type fast and dont geive a [censored]. get cancer, and do your own google search. A lot is also a relative statement in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull [censored], I've seen posts where you admit its an affectation. Just stop sucking so hard. It's even worse than your terrible internet tough guy act.

Regarding the "relative" blood content, no you do a [censored] search and have some facts to dispute a widely understood truth. Your ignorant ass does not get to make up [censored] and defend it with "prove me wrong".

Get cancer? You are a cancer.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

teh is just ingrained now I guess, whatever, anything I can do to piss you off is fine by me you loser.

cows when butchered are drained of blood, aged steaks have little/no blood, "a lot" of blood in a steak for anyone who knows anything about food is being able to taste the blood, I assumed anyone that wasnt a moron would know this (guess I was right), but it is not impossible to get some blood left within the steak, and this just happens to be based on where the steak is getting processed, and how good fo a job they do, etc. Youre realyl quite stupid, lose the internet smart guy act.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:34 AM

the liquid is mostly protein juice but there can be small amounts of blood as well
Old 08-13-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the liquid is mostly protein juice but there can be small amounts of blood as well

[/ QUOTE ]

traz,

Recall we got here due to a post that stated essentially that the liquid leaked from steak was blood.

Is it true that small amounts of blood exist in a piece of meat and this amount varies from nil to minimal? Yes, but this is in 99++% of cases a trivial amount.

As for guids response.. heh, there's a room temperature IQ joke somewhere in there.

J
Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 AM

how is this even a question??

if you are into tasting delicious food and truly enjoy steak, imo the only way to go is rare.

when i go to a decent+ steak place, i say, and i quote:

"filet [or whatever cut basically] please, one step above black and blue"

or if they dont' know what black and blue means:

"filet please, one step above the rarest possible"

Barron
Old 08-13-2007, 02:29 AM

You make a good point, just tell them what you want. Instead of medium rare ask for it to be red in the middle etc. 900% of the time it's the customer not understanding what medium rare or medium should actually look like. If it's a constant problem for you just describe how you like it cooked and the kitchen can translate it. My well done but pink in the middle comment was actually something I got a few times while in the kitchen. Obviously they were happy with their medium steak.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:34 AM

I hardly ever oder it cuz most restaurants suck, ldo. I make mine rare, warm on the inside but still bloody with a nice dry rub on it, none of that weak A1 that kills that steak.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My well done but pink in the middle comment was actually something I got a few times while in the kitchen. Obviously they were happy with their medium steak.

[/ QUOTE ]

A steak ordered "Pittsburgh rare" is rare or very rare on the inside and charred on the outside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak