Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (8/7) ($3,000 NL)

Holmes 2p2 name is imthedirt, fyi.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:13 PM

Just as good as when I was following the live coverage.

-Great call on the end by Shankar. Beth didn't showdown one weak hand the entire final table and he still pulled that one out. (I'm really going by the live coverage of this since it took him way longer than a minute or two to actually make that call)

-I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Beth Shak

-Phil Ivey graduated with a Phd in Hustlenomics [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Chau Giang [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Best quote from the whole thing: Ivey to Hellmuth during one of their insurance deals, "But Phil you're only a 3-1 favorite..." as we see in the graphic that he is 4-1. AND Hellmuth even does the math himself and STILL takes the worst of it! PMSL!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 PM

Uggh ... a little bit of Phil goes a long way. They should have edited out more than 1/2 of his whining and crying. A little bit is humorous, but on and on and on and on .... ugggh.

NCAces
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont get it ?? whats the difference between what those people with AA were doing and giving off a tell? They didnt say what they had... So what if that girl was doing a stripper dance?? lool

[/ QUOTE ]

That "girl" has 5 kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think she's the stepmom. her ass/hips/legs look like that of a 16 year old slender chick.

no way can she have had any kids.

smoking hot.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there was ever one time in the history of tournament poker you could get away from KK it was there.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL -- no kidding!!!

Chick moves in with aces and Phil INSTACALLS then starts bragging to wife and everyone who is in ear shot about how quickly he INSTACALLED.

What is Phil calling there with? It is probably ONLY AA. Other players it might be JJ+ and AK, but for Phil it is going to be Aces every time. Even QQ or KK he would have thought for a while, made a speech, etc., etc. JJ he probably would have just folded.

Then the chick is dancing around and mouthing to her husband in the audience "I got it", etc.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
richey discussed the hand on NWP*. he was pretty sure someone had AA, but said something about odds, forgot what he said tho

[/ QUOTE ]
The odds are the Phil has a HUGE hand here.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there was ever one time in the history of tournament poker you could get away from KK it was there.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL -- no kidding!!!

Chick moves in with aces and Phil INSTACALLS then starts bragging to wife and everyone who is in ear shot about how quickly he INSTACALLED.

What is Phil calling there with? It is probably ONLY AA. Other players it might be JJ+ and AK, but for Phil it is going to be Aces every time. Even QQ or KK he would have thought for a while, made a speech, etc., etc. JJ he probably would have just folded.

Then the chick is dancing around and mouthing to her husband in the audience "I got it", etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi bud, i was actually pretty sure phil had aces, but he had no chips. i didnt pay attention to beth at all.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 AM

brett,

What were stacks before the hand?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL -- no kidding!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hi bud, i was actually pretty sure phil had aces, but he had no chips. i didnt pay attention to beth at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be a dick, but since you and Beth had the same number of chips, why didn't you pay more attention to her? I think we all agree that Phil's hand is pretty irrelevant here since he has no chips. Was she actually dancing around and high-fiving Phil before you called, or did they edit it together to make it look that way? It sure came across like she was all but telling everyone she had aces.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
brett,

What were stacks before the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, Shane, he and Beth had about 500K, and Phil had like 190K.