Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost
Default Re: Strange reactions to popular foods

[ QUOTE ]
I'll echo the above disgust for popsicle sticks. So gross. Cilantro (aka coriander I think) also ruins me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a tendency to chew on them a bit after the popsicle is gone--a bad habit, I know.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had some garlic mayo with fries one time in Ireland, that [censored] was gooood, I don't think I could make a habit of it though.

[/ QUOTE ]I think that if most people took a nice hard look at the nutritional breakdown of a Tbsp. of Mayo, they wouldn't make it a habit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan of mayonnaise myself. It just feels like putting pure fat into my mouth. Nor do I like ham, though I like just about every other cut of pork (spareribs ftw).

Honestly, though, I have to say WTF to the cotton-ball people. I wish I had my digital camera on me just so I can take a picture with cotton in one hand and the Dr. Evil pose with the other.

On the other hand, this thread is making me feel much better about being a picky eater.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:07 PM

LOL, you guys are freaks.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:16 PM

I can't be the only one who savours that first lungful of chip smell right after i open it....
Old 08-02-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't be the only one who savours that first lungful of chip smell right after i open it....

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not, I love it too. LoL to the chip-fart guy.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cilantro and coriander are the same thing, just different names. But I've never heard anyone use the term "coriander" to describe anything but the seed.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilantro

Hmm, I learn a new thing. I always just thought the leaves were cilantro, the seeds coriander. Now I see it's sorta interchangeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cilantro is definitely only the leaves and tastes completely different from coriander. Coriander is the ingredient used in Blue Moon, and cilantro is mainly used in mexican food like salsa. Interchanging one for the other in a recipe will ruin whatever you are making.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fries originally come from Belgium and you can fault Belgians for a lot of things but they definitely have great taste over there.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I visited NYC there was this place that was a Belgian Fry shop. They had a ton of different condiments, I'm sure anybody from NYC knows exactly the place I mean. They were easily the best fries/fry-compliments I've ever had, and I'm sure many of them included mayo.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if you get a really fresh one...

hehe. But seriously, go to a farmer's market, or grow one yourself. The quality difference from the one you buy at megamart is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I mean??!! It's a never ending conspiracy with these fresh tomato freaks. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you obviously haven't had a REALLY REALLY REALLY frest tomato! Tomatos rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

I ONCE ATE A TOMATO THAT WAS SO FRESH IT SQUEAKED BUT IT STILL HAD THAT DISGUSTING SEEDY SLURM GUSHING OUT OF IT SO NO THANKS PLEASE POUND IT INTO SAUCE FIRST
Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fries originally come from Belgium and you can fault Belgians for a lot of things but they definitely have great taste over there.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I visited NYC there was this place that was a Belgian Fry shop. They had a ton of different condiments, I'm sure anybody from NYC knows exactly the place I mean. They were easily the best fries/fry-compliments I've ever had, and I'm sure many of them included mayo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pomme Frites?

http://www.pommesfrites.ws/

There are a few different places, actually...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cilantro and coriander are the same thing, just different names. But I've never heard anyone use the term "coriander" to describe anything but the seed.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilantro

Hmm, I learn a new thing. I always just thought the leaves were cilantro, the seeds coriander. Now I see it's sorta interchangeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cilantro is definitely only the leaves and tastes completely different from coriander. Coriander is the ingredient used in Blue Moon, and cilantro is mainly used in mexican food like salsa. Interchanging one for the other in a recipe will ruin whatever you are making.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, obviously. The plant is the coriander. Cilantro is just a name for the leaves of the coriander plant.