Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a hand that I witnessed tonight in the CAZ 20 game.

I am unsure about the preflop action, but I am pretty sure it was unraised, and between 4-5 people were in. The flop came 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and SB checks, BB bets (tightest player in the game), MP raises, SB threebets (loose and crazy player at times), both call. Turn comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB checks, BB checks, MP bets, SB calls, BB folds, showing me A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. River comes J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, MP bets, SB calls and says "2 pair" and rolls over 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB goes on instatilt. MP claims he had an overpair, which might mean 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was quite funny. You know that the guy with 93o is my favorite player to have in a game. He claims that his favorite hand is 74 sooted or not. And I have seen him open muck AK PF. The whole table just stared and he said, "I never win with big cards"
Old 08-06-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is a moron. You can raise and then fold when an Ace flops as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. I started to mumble something about value and then stopped myself and tried to sound stupid. Anyway, he seemed to be playing ok and he'd been getting complimentary remarks from players the night before so I figured he was either 'funnin' me or serious and I couldn't decide which. However, judging from the action he gave me, I'm thinking he was serious.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM

Heading to Foxwoods this Thursday-Tuesday. Already talk to a couple of you but anyone else have tips for me for the 20 game?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This was quite funny. You know that the guy with 93o is my favorite player to have in a game. He claims that his favorite hand is 74 sooted or not. And I have seen him open muck AK PF. The whole table just stared and he said, "I never win with big cards"

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. A few months ago one of the regulars in one of my games folded KJ face up on a QTXX rainbow unpaired board on the turn in a pretty big pot with the explanation "I never hit a straight".
Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Despite my affinity for Commerce following a trip there earlier this year, I may have to once again declare the yellow chip games at CP the loosest / craziest / best games in the country.

I headed there Friday night to play a five hour session. My goal was to finally sit in the 15/30. Per a poster’s suggestion, my plan was to win $200-$300 at 8/16 and give myself a bit of a freeroll in the 15. More of a psychological ploy than anything else. So I manage to lose well over 2 racks in the first two hours, mainly due to the following hands:

AdQd < AhJh on a flop of Qs8d5d
K8 < J9 on a flop of 988r
99 < J5o < Q4 < when I 3 bet a straddle and the flop came KQ J
JJ < A4o, that called 3 bets cold when I again 3 bet a straddle
QQ < K4o that called two cold on a flop of 983r
JsTd < Jd4d on a flop of 7s8s9d, 2 bets 6 ways PF, 3 bets 4 ways on the flop

But despite all this, I somehow made up 45BB in the next two hours. I put my name on the board for the 15, but never got called.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure everyone I know who is good at cards is losing right now. Makes me think that I should switch to the style that seems to be taking all the money. Loose passive. I will provide a TR if and when I make the switch.

[/ QUOTE ]

30 at cp has been ok to bad while its full for the past two weeks and everyone I know who is above average is blowing their brains out lately, I have no idea who has all the money and where they are.

[/ QUOTE ]
i do not have all the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe this is why.....

2 guys limp, i limp 66, tight-straightforward tag raises the button, we call.

flop 4-5 ways: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checks to me and i donk, pfr raises, 1 guy cold-calls, i 3bone, pfr 4balls, moron in the middle now decides to cap it at 5 bets, we call.

turn (11bb): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
moron now ends all doubt that he is on a diamond draw and checks, i bet, prf raises, moron coldcalls, i 3ball, pfr now just calls, moron calls.

river(20bb): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
moron checks his missed diamond draw, i check, pfr bets, moron folds, i fold. kill me.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 PM

pbob, call the river? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pbob, call the river? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i was good 1/22, i would.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:00 PM

Tell yourself he has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and call. I know that's what I do. I also call a porter over to clean up my vomit.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell yourself he has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i already told myself he has AK.
Closed Thread