Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Famous urban legends

Can't leave out the 'Led Zeppelin signed a contract with Satan' oldie but goodie. There are still people out there decoding the backwards masking in 'Stairway to Heaven'.

I also like the one where a dead scuba diver is found in a treetop in a burned-out forest. He had supposedly been taken up while diving in a nearby lake by the water dumping helicopter.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol so the one about the penny being dropped fromthe Empire State building in New York isn't true?

i wnet there in 2004 and did this. i don't think i threw it far enough out so it may have just landed on the outer layer of the building. still... no-one saw me do it. i felt like a murderer for a few seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythbusters tested this on their first or second episode. It achieves a terminal velocity at like 60 mph. Enough to sting a little but that's about it. If you think about wind resistance and the weight of a penny it's pretty obvious.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ accidentally barbecuing a human baby. Hope that really happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny to you? How about deleting this post, mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol so the one about the penny being dropped fromthe Empire State building in New York isn't true?

i wnet there in 2004 and did this. i don't think i threw it far enough out so it may have just landed on the outer layer of the building. still... no-one saw me do it. i felt like a murderer for a few seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythbusters tested this on their first or second episode. It achieves a terminal velocity at like 60 mph. Enough to sting a little but that's about it. If you think about wind resistance and the weight of a penny it's pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

About how heavy does an object have to be before it will be deadly when dropped off the empire state building?

Also, the common myth that e-pills are cut with cocaine and heroin. People constantly talk about how ecstacy tablets have different effects because some are cut with speedy drugs such as cocaine, and others are cut with heroin. This myth, like many others is based mildly in reality. Some E-pills are in fact cut with amphetamines. Most pills that aren't pure mdma are usually cut with drugs such as caffeine, procaine, MDA (an amphetamine which is similar to MDMA but is considered to have greater pyschedelic effects), ketamine, and other assorted amphetamines.

To my knowledge, there has never been any evidence of heroin being used to cut e-pills. it simply isn't cost effective. same goes for cocaine. your chances of finding either of the drugs in an e-pill are slim to none.

People will undoubtably argue this point with me. So I will give some links.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/resource...stasymyths.htm

this site does lab testing of ecstacy pills. to my knowledge they have never found heroin in any pill they have tested. http://www.ecstasydata.org/
Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 AM

Black Eyed Kids FTMFW

Scariest Legend EVER

a topic on my site - www.ghosthunterselite.co.uk in the urban section
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 AM

can you guys please stop quoting each other and saying 'this is sick' 'you're an idiot' 'no you are', etc etc. get back on topic.

theres been some good ones in the last day or two. the mythbusters penny thing is on youtube fwiw.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 PM

I read a story on the Internet about a cave, and how these guys expand a small hole, go through the hole, and strange things happen. I don't remember where it is, but I thought it was at least a compelling read, and it was long (by Internet standards).
Old 07-31-2007, 12:28 PM

Was this story called "The Goonies" by any chance?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read a story on the Internet about a cave, and how these guys expand a small hole, go through the hole, and strange things happen. I don't remember where it is, but I thought it was at least a compelling read, and it was long (by Internet standards).

[/ QUOTE ]

donde esta?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:50 PM

as a kid there was a rumor about a place in france, where the naked ladies dance. true?