Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Rainkhan and the 33 versus Alex Kravchenko

[ QUOTE ]
Slim can you calculate how much pot equity the BB needs to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not quite that simple since there's a main pot and a side pot, so there's one too many degrees of freedom to calculate it explicitly. We really have to start plugging in some hand ranges.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:31 PM

I don't think we can put Khan on 33 here, I think we need to give him a somewhat tighter range, better aces and mid pairs+

Otherwise it is being results oriented since the shove with 33 is considered questionable by most here.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think we can put Khan on 33 here, I think we need to give him a somewhat tighter range, better aces and mid pairs+

Otherwise it is being results oriented since the shove with 33 is considered questionable by most here.

[/ QUOTE ]

We put Khan on a pretty wide range, as he is likely isolating against a very wide range.

What should Rahme's calling range be is the question
Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm at that final table I put Kravchenko on a wide pushing range and Khan on something close to the correct over-push range against it. 33 is on the low end but it's definitely in there.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm at that final table I put Kravchenko on a wide pushing range and Khan on something close to the correct over-push range against it. 33 is on the low end but it's definitely in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's debatable whether 33 is in the correct range. That's just your personal opinion. Quite a few here think it is not correct to shove that.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's debatable whether 33 is in the correct range. That's just your personal opinion. Quite a few here think it is not correct to shove that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 33 isn't a shove it's very close. It's definitely close enough that a smart player in the BB who understands how both Kravchenko and Khan play should be allowing for 33 in Khan's hand range.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We put Khan on a pretty wide range, as he is likely isolating against a very wide range.

What should Rahme's calling range be is the question

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, a pretty wide range, now that's accurate

I hope you understand the calling range depends on the shoving ranges? So obv it is the shoving ranges that matter which automatically gives us the correct calling range for Rahme.

[ QUOTE ]
- Hero's skill edge is quite high on this table and slow structure/relatively deep stacks means time to find better spots

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this based on exactly? Rainkhan beats low stakes SNGs, loses at high stakes SNGs and most of the table are professionals. Skill edge "quite high"????
Old 07-18-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slim can you calculate how much pot equity the BB needs to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically, we need the following probabilities, all of which depend on hand ranges. I'm ignoring split pots.

<ul type="square">[*]Rhame scoops if he calls[*]Rhame loses the main and wins the side if he calls[*]Khan beats Kravchenko if Rahme folds[/list]
Old 07-18-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Hero's skill edge is quite high on this table and slow structure/relatively deep stacks means time to find better spots

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this based on exactly? Rainkhan beats low stakes SNGs, loses at high stakes SNGs and most of the table are professionals. Skill edge "quite high"????

[/ QUOTE ]

I was Hero in my post. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]