Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group Three: 3 vs 4
Batman (Keaton/Nicholson) 70 56.00%
X-Men 55 44.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Do you hate Jerry Yang already?

[ QUOTE ]
it's just that what he was doing in the first hour or so was absolutely nauseating to many people (Christian or not).

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth hurts doesn't it.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM

I love how otherwise open minded people are so [censored] close minded about religion. This guy was a [censored] refugee for christs sake. He is the american dream right now. Like it or not this guy has faith in a higher power, so [censored] what.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:30 PM

I don't understand why someone should be "open-minded" about religion. This dude believes an invisible dude in the sky was watching over the shuffling of the deck. The superstitions and the crap he said at the table were just weird to the point of being creepy. He seems like a kind person, so I don't hate him, but I'm not going to say I don't think he's an idiot.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's just that what he was doing in the first hour or so was absolutely nauseating to many people (Christian or not).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, the arrogance inherent in this drivel is even worse.

It boggles my mind how so many Christians can't understand how insulting/irritating/sickening their holier than thou attitude looks from the outside.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least I figured out why I run bad: God doesn't want me to win. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I have no beef with Jerry Yang or Daniel Negreanu or anyone else for believing in God. I just find it very self-aggrandizing when athletes or competitors in any venture thank God and say/think that God wanted them to win. Are you really so self-centered to think that the mightiest being in existence hand selected you to win the WSOP over anyone else?

Gotta say though, if God were gonna pick anybody, guess it should probably be a nice and generous guy like Jerry Yang.

Does this mean we can chalk Jamie Gold's run up to God's quirky sense of humor ala the platypus?

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know that god doesn't want them/help them to win?
maybe he does/maybe he doesn't
but all their blathering means is they believe he does.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 PM

I really hope someone asks him what he thinks of the Religious Right's stance against poker.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how otherwise open minded people are so [censored] close minded about religion. This guy was a [censored] refugee for christs sake. He is the american dream right now. Like it or not this guy has faith in a higher power, so [censored] what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Close-minded? What did I say that hints at anything close-minded?

Try to stay focussed for a second, please. I'm talking about his virtual genuflecting and flagellation at the alter during the final table. This has nothing to do with whether or not he believes in Jesus, or whatever.

His displays were way over the top, and asking people who he just busted out to pray for him was extremely rude. Both to the bustee, and the other players at the table. Thankfully, he stopped doing it after Hilm and Watkinson.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:46 PM

I don' think it is good to act how he did at the table with the whole pray for me etc.

but I kind of view that type of display differently than the Jamie gold/Khan/Hellmuth types of display. Given by all accounts it seems like Yang is truly a very religious person.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, the arrogance inherent in this drivel is even worse.

It boggles my mind how so many Christians can't understand how insulting/irritating/sickening their holier than thou attitude looks from the outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it boggles my mind at the hatred some people can display towards religious people for no reason at all especially on this forum.

It also boggles my mind that people call Chris Ferguson "Jesus" when he's a self proclaimed atheist. And he goes along with it...unbelieveable.

Was Yang a little over the top with it...maybe. But he is having his 15 minutes in the limelight & he got a little excited. No reason to bash him or Christianity for it.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why someone should be "open-minded" about religion. This dude believes an invisible dude in the sky was watching over the shuffling of the deck. The superstitions and the crap he said at the table were just weird to the point of being creepy. He seems like a kind person, so I don't hate him, but I'm not going to say I don't think he's an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT