Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

Are they also providing the surgical rib-spreader with these meals?

Yikes.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty good, but nothing amazing. Better than McD

[/ QUOTE ]
Conflicting statements. Plz revise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a huge fan of fast food breakfast, so for those of you who like McD breakfast a lot, you will like Wendy's a lot, maybe more.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:37 PM

Boro - I am trying to organize an out-of-state Waffle House run.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boro - I am trying to organize an out-of-state Waffle House run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to hit the House this evening for dinner. Going to shoot some pics with the iPhone and start a Waffle House trip report thread, so that all can share their delicious waffley adventures.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Im not sure if the left coast has Hardees, but their new Breakfast Club Sandwich is pretty special. It combines traditional breakfast stalwarts bacon, ham, egg, and cheese with shaved turkey all on a frisco sourdough roll. Also, the breaded pork chop and egg biscuit is off the chain. Still, for overall taste and value, give me Dairy Queen as the best breakfast, followed closely by Hardees then Mcdonalds. Honorable mention to Bojangles and Burger King.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the breaded pork chop and egg biscuit is off the chain.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds disgusting. And by disgusting I mean delicious.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:07 PM

Found this:

I generally hate breakfast food, so I doubt this will have quite the impact on my life as it apparently will on others. That being said, from the looks of the menu, and the general higher quality of food served at my local Wendy's compared to McDonalds/Burger King/etc., I'll probably be getting this a few times a year.

Hash Brown is indeed a whole one. I prefer the mini's like at Burger King or Hardee's, so [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Frescuit does appear to use the same buns as the Frescata sandwich, which is ridiculously horrible. I've ordered two, and both times the bread was tasteless and hard. I guess it's supposed to be healthy for you or something, it definitely tastes like some sort of diet food.

Unfortunately, the jackass who took the picture blocked the Grande Burrito, but I think the speculation is correct that Big Breakfast Sandwich is the winner. I personally hate sausage biscuits of any sort, so looks like French Toast Sticks for me.

BTW, I'm really surprised to see all the love for McDonald's in this thread. Have they had some sort of campaign to clean up and serve better food in the past 10 years? Maybe it's just the [censored] ones in dirty ass Memphis, but I stopped eating there about 10 years ago. Fries were always horrible (agree Wendy's is 50/50 if you're getting good fries or not), and just about everything on the menu was disgusting. Should I give them another try?

Brian
Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM

The BBS indeed looks big. Nice job, Brian.

I honestly don't know how to react to the idea that McDonald's fries were ever anything less than godly.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Found this:

I generally hate breakfast food, so I doubt this will have quite the impact on my life as it apparently will on others. That being said, from the looks of the menu, and the general higher quality of food served at my local Wendy's compared to McDonalds/Burger King/etc., I'll probably be getting this a few times a year.

Hash Brown is indeed a whole one. I prefer the mini's like at Burger King or Hardee's, so [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Frescuit does appear to use the same buns as the Frescata sandwich, which is ridiculously horrible. I've ordered two, and both times the bread was tasteless and hard. I guess it's supposed to be healthy for you or something, it definitely tastes like some sort of diet food.

Unfortunately, the jackass who took the picture blocked the Grande Burrito, but I think the speculation is correct that Big Breakfast Sandwich is the winner. I personally hate sausage biscuits of any sort, so looks like French Toast Sticks for me.

BTW, I'm really surprised to see all the love for McDonald's in this thread. Have they had some sort of campaign to clean up and serve better food in the past 10 years? Maybe it's just the [censored] ones in dirty ass Memphis, but I stopped eating there about 10 years ago. Fries were always horrible (agree Wendy's is 50/50 if you're getting good fries or not), and just about everything on the menu was disgusting. Should I give them another try?

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

McD's..only things that are good in my mind are fries, chicken tenders/those little cinibunn things..but yr stomach will throw a coup d'état after eating one.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 PM

I had McDonald's fries for lunch, partially inspired by this thread but mostly because I was in a hurry. They were typically outstanding, A++. Wasn't too hungry though so I called a rare audible and got chicken mcnuggets too. Hmmm, they must cook them in a healthy oil these days because they weren't what I remember.

Also, and as is too often the case, the kid in the drive thru window handed me my food sans condiments. WTF? Had to ask for honey mustard, which is totally retarded because nobody eats that stuff without sauces.