Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: The Well: QFGelfordness

[ QUOTE ]
how long do you think you can nitTAG uNL, playing a robotic, say, 19/16, and profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

UNL .. always.

SSNL, sure

MSNL, if you table select well.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:20 PM

table select well is such a vague term... how do you table select, then? you said you just sit at a table and hope to see a bunch of unknowns. is that it?

for example, my table select strategy is basically sitting at tables with high amount of players / flops -- IME donks are there -- play for a while, when my HUD tells me the table's stats are tight or I see 2+ regs, I leave. is that is? it seems so primitive -- is there more to it?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how long do you think you can nitTAG uNL, playing a robotic, say, 19/16, and profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

UNL .. always.

SSNL, sure

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna have to troll your thread here and say this...

19/16 is gonna be profitable if you know how to play postflop This is MOST uNL'ers true problem. Everyone is worried about "zomg are my preflop stats good enuf?", when in reality it should be "how the F do I play postflop given the way I play preflop/my image/opponent

[/trolling]
Old 07-14-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
table select well is such a vague term... how do you table select, then? you said you just sit at a table and hope to see a bunch of unknowns. is that it?

for example, my table select strategy is basically sitting at tables with high amount of players / flops -- IME donks are there -- play for a while, when my HUD tells me the table's stats are tight or I see 2+ regs, I leave. is that is? it seems so primitive -- is there more to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is what table selecting is, you can get more creative and datamine and use tools like spadeeye, sixth sense, poker usher and what ever they are called.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UNL .. always.

SSNL, sure

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna have to troll your thread here and say this...

19/16 is gonna be profitable if you know how to play postflop This is MOST uNL'ers true problem. Everyone is worried about "zomg are my preflop stats good enuf?", when in reality it should be "how the F do I play postflop given the way I play preflop/my image/opponent

[/trolling]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is correlated to Xanta question about the single biggest thing holding uNL'ers back and my answer to that (pf starting hands chart and postflop cbet then fit/fold play)

The thing is, that playing nitTAG requires balls if you are not sitting with weak players. When I was playing with a vpip of 18, I was forced to 3bet and fourbet light a good deal. Fire plenty of 2nd barrels and all in all be wild as I rarely had any cards, so when someone say nit tag, you are thinking, that they are not doing that.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:03 PM

Some players advocate waiting until you have 40 buy-ins at your current level and attempting a long stretch at the higher limit, and some players like aba advocate moving up very, very rapidly and taking constant shots up. what do you recommend for someone who wants to consider poker as a full-time income?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:07 PM

Im going on a holiday for 11 days now. Will you coach me after that for a LAG style? ktnx =)

Also, I just want to add (not ask) that you are probably the most respected poster both here in uNL and SSNL imo.

Oh wait, different question:

Playing party w/o rakeback, or Fulltilt / other pokersite with rakeback (assume no taxes) ?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some players advocate waiting until you have 40 buy-ins at your current level and attempting a long stretch at the higher limit, and some players like aba advocate moving up very, very rapidly and taking constant shots up. what do you recommend for someone who wants to consider poker as a full-time income?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want to consider poker as a full time income or are you considering it a full time income ???

I you depend on cashing out at the end of the month, then moving up becomes hard, as you can't risk taking a loss too often, in which case the 40BI rule isn't dumb.

Are you not dependent on cashing out, but are hoping/dreaming of making poker your livelyhood in the future, then be as aggressive as you like. The Aba' way isn't all that bad, but you will end up doing a lot of moving up and down most likely and thus having breakeven months. If you can handle moving up and down without tilting, then go ahead.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im going on a holiday for 11 days now. Will you coach me after that for a LAG style? ktnx =)

Also, I just want to add (not ask) that you are probably the most respected poster both here in uNL and SSNL imo.

Oh wait, different question:

Playing party w/o rakeback, or Fulltilt / other pokersite with rakeback (assume no taxes) ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, just pm me when you return. And assuming no taxes, then rb ftw! (party is way overrated with regards to softness is my impression) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(thx for the kind comment net!)
Old 07-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Advice of how to play when moving up in limits? (from $100nl -> $200nl?)

drop tables? Play tighter/looser? Same game? Number of BI's?

How many BI's to take a shot with ?