Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails

Punter, if you don't have any problems and I do doesn't mean that I am the only one, you hear a lot of stories here on 2+2, people just don't dispute the charges, either they are content with loosing money or they don't know their rights and options.

Also there are a lot of people outside of 2+2 who play online and would have higher chance of their account getting locked. On here everyone warns others what not to do in order for your account not get locked, plus they know that it is a possiblility that an account can get locked. People who don't read this or other forums can't even imagine that your account can get locked, they might do a lot of things that raise red flags since they don't know better.
All I am trying to say that a lot of people get their money illegally confiscated by some shady sites and we never hear about it.

Also I have no complaints against Bodog or Pokerstars, in my opinion their customer service and security depatrtments are outstanding, and I have nothing but respect for both of those sites, even if I did have problems with them they were all resolved in timely manner.

How come you never read on here that Pokerstars or bodog locked my account, because they respect their customers and keep in constant contact with them, and most resolutions are just. Full Tilt and UB just lock accounts and than it takes FTP doug to unlock it, that happened 3 times on here already, if not for FTP doug they would never get their money back. So what does that mean, they lock accounts without properly invstigating the situation.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM

Kyle,

I hope you can get this resolved, as it seems that you haven't done anything wrong. However, considering the current climate of the i-gaming industry, it's perfectly understandable for sites to be paranoid about money laundering. That's one of the main reasons why politicians want to ban it.

I don't care if your friend at FTP told you it wouldn't be a problem. Making tons of p2p transfers that were clearly not intended for playing poker, was a stupid thing to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but FTP support sent you an initial response explaining the investigation, then 4 more emails saying that they are still investigating, and that it will take a while because of the large number of accounts involved. What else are they supposed to say?

PS: I encourage everyone to boycott FTP, and leave the fish for me. thx
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM

I just read through this thread again, and considering the statements and evidence, I'm 99% sure that limitninja is the cause of the problem here.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read through this thread again, and considering the statements and evidence, I'm 99% sure that limitninja is the cause of the problem here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, he isn't. That wouldn't explain the fact that many of my friends still have locked accounts despite never trading with limitninja.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, he isn't. That wouldn't explain the fact that many of my friends still have locked accounts despite never trading with limitninja.

[/ QUOTE ]

Player A is a suspected fraudster/money launderer/whatever. Player A has made transfers to player B, therefore, player B is now a suspect. Player B has made transfers to player C. Therefore player C is now a suspect. Whether or not players A and C have ever transferred to eachother is irrelevant.

Also, sites communicate info about fraud amongst themselves, you should know that. Limitninja says he had accounts closed at two other sites, and a warning at another.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Re-read the emails. It's very clear it has nothing to do with limitninja.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Ron first of all I didn't send any money to kyleb he sent me money, second of all, his account got suspended first and than a week later mine, third I have an email from Full Tilt stating that my account is locked because of kyleb
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM

I feel as if there is some information missing here. I will be interested to hear FTP's side of the story and why it takes them so long to complete an investigation while providing no indication of when it will be finished.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel as if there is some information missing here. I will be interested to hear FTP's side of the story and why it takes them so long to complete an investigation while providing no indication of when it will be finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've posted everything and been as open as possible without naming the other people involved (besides limitninja, who volunteered himself up).
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've posted everything and been as open as possible without naming the other people involved (besides limitninja, who volunteered himself up).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't trying to insinuate that you have been less than forthright. I just mean maybe one of the other accounts has done something sketchy that you aren't aware of, and FTP is looking into any possible connections between your account and that one. Regardless, it shouldn't take this long to complete an investigation.
Closed Thread