Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Hellmuth Crashes Race Car in Rio Parking Lot

Ha yeh sorry, the hood!!
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM

bonnet is brit speak for hood, boot = trunk, etc...hellmuth is such a tool pulling such a stunt, a 5th grader would not have missed that turn in point
Old 07-10-2007, 01:51 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

I actually hit a telephone pole at 30 miles per hour. I think the telephone pole was drunk but that is another story. I ended up in intensive care, critical condition, ten broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a concussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you in a racecar wearing a helmet?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a load of [censored]. Here is what Gullible Gary Wise wrote of the phoney, baloney publicity stunt and Phil's child-like lies..

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker...amp;id=2930628

Hellmuth says he hit a pole at 30 miles per hour. Then, did he go to a hospital for exrays and a checkup??? No..
Did he go to his room to rest??? No... He went to the Media Room and spent his time hyping the story on his phone.

His desperate attempts for constant media attention make Paris Hilton look like Mother Teresa. Con somebody else, Phil. We are poker players. We are used to trying to see though lies.

I actually hit a telephone pole at 30 miles per hour. I think the telephone pole was drunk but that is another story. I ended up in intensive care, critical condition, ten broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a concussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can be gullible sometimes, but this wasn't one of them. He was in a private room where I was brought to see him, not the media room. Yes, he was on the phone taking care of business, but he was also in noticeable pain. Like I wrote in the article, he was happy to take advantage of the situation when it was upon him, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't planned.

As for his health, keep in mind his wife has gone through med school, is used to taking care of him and was constantly on and off the phone with him in the time that followed.

One other point; crashing a NASCAR isn't like crashing another car. They're a lot more impact-resistant and I think that's part of why Phil walked away painfully instead of requiring a stretcher. That and because he was lucky.

Gary
Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 AM

i heard a rumor Phil lost concentration when he decided to fix his undies from riding too high.

Yet to be confirmed but they're checking CCTV.

.Z
Old 07-12-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a load of [censored]. Here is what Gullible Gary Wise wrote of the phoney, baloney publicity stunt and Phil's child-like lies..

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker...amp;id=2930628

Hellmuth says he hit a pole at 30 miles per hour. Then, did he go to a hospital for exrays and a checkup??? No..
Did he go to his room to rest??? No... He went to the Media Room and spent his time hyping the story on his phone.

His desperate attempts for constant media attention make Paris Hilton look like Mother Teresa. Con somebody else, Phil. We are poker players. We are used to trying to see though lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the article & it seemed to be a fair report on what he observed.

Don't blame Gary for the events around Phil crashing the car. He is a journalist who gave us a glimpse behind the scenes on what transpired after the accident.

Phil is very smart in getting a lot of exposure from the accident. More so, had he not wrecked it. What's the old newspaper adage? "If it bleeds; it leads."

Speaking of bleeding. As an EMT, for the last 4 years, I've been on numerous car crashes and roll-overs. It is amazing to see some of the horrific accidents on the Interstate where the Patient is refusing Rescue against AMA. They are walking around the scene as their vehicle was totaled because it rolled doing 55+ mph.

I'm glad you recovered from your injuries, because I deal with a lot of people who were not as fortunate as you.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:53 AM

I thought sure these would be up already, but I didn't see them, so here's some pix. I think #4 should be a new avatar.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:27 AM

I traced the story on the search engines. Few, if any, believed that it was Phil that broke out that headlight.
The precedent setting stupidity of lying about it and expecting intelligent people to believe it defines Phil's so-called manager as a light weight. The old canard about any press being good press really does not work. Phil looks as if he is wanting to be stereotyped somewhere near Richard Simmons, Cato Kaelin, and that tattooed basketball player in the wedding dress.

Poker is a sport of the intellect, like chess and bridge. I would like for poker players to be admired for their brain power rather than mocked as attention addicted low lifes. When Steve Wynn gave Bobby Baldwin such a career fast track, he was recognizing the brain power. That's the image I want for poker. Not some fool shouting about his pet shark to get on TV, not some fools in costumes whose prop bets are desperate cries for publicity. You could make a long list of quite, brilliant poker players who will not get the media attention or interviews. The backgounds of many poker players are very impressive.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 AM

haha, the hood of the car looks like steve-o's back tattoo.