Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Check the Watch~

I don't know how much other balla stuff you have, but having a $4000 watch in college is dumb. Stuff gets jacked out of dorm rooms all the time, and wearing that to standard frat parties will just get it [censored] up when you are drunk. Buying a big ass plasma or lcd is much more +ev because it's hard to steal and chicks will come to your place to watch movies. Save the watch for when you are a junior or senior.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP, here is a photo of a real man's arm (and a real man's watch, too)

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably have 10 years on me. I didn't look at any Tissot while in the store. What's their price range?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tissots are probably most "bang for your buck" in the Swiss-made, automatic movement category. Retail is $1095, I got it for $840 tax and duty free in the Caribbean. Def not as baller as a Breitling or a TAG Link (my personal favorite....Breitling is too "blingy" for me), but a good watch given my personal status. Try looking into Tissot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tissots are great 'bang for the buck' watches in the 200-500 range. If you are going to spend 800-1000 for a watch, there are much better brands out there. Check Oris, Hamilton, Raymond Weil and Maurice Lecroix.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how much other balla stuff you have, but having a $4000 watch in college is dumb. Stuff gets jacked out of dorm rooms all the time, and wearing that to standard frat parties will just get it [censored] up when you are drunk. Buying a big ass plasma or lcd is much more +ev because it's hard to steal and chicks will come to your place to watch movies. Save the watch for when you are a junior or senior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it has a 2 year warantee to cover [censored] it up while drunk... although I doubt that will happen. I also plan on seeing if I can get insurance for it.

I do plan on getting a nice plasma once I get up there.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 PM

boc
Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 AM

its a known fact that you can walk in any high end watch store and get 20% off with hardly any negotiation.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:52 AM

damn, dude, is your wrist 2 inches around? This watch is waaay too big for your arm...
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you guys Sea Captains? Here is my watch I got early this summer, what a classy man wears and what the ladies get wet over.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL the Datejust is the most UNballer Rolex in existance. It's a great watch for companies to give as a retirement gift after like 30 years of devoted service...

If you know women that you believe are getting wet over this watch it's more likely they haven't changed their Depends in a few hours.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM

for the record, and I doubt anyone cares, I think paying 4k for a watch is really dumb and careless. Put that money in investments and in 10 yrs you'll be able to buy a bunch of "balla watches that give you the same time as the 100.00 ones".
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you guys Sea Captains? Here is my watch I got early this summer, what a classy man wears and what the ladies get wet over.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL the Datejust is the most UNballer Rolex in existance. It's a great watch for companies to give as a retirement gift after like 30 years of devoted service...

If you know women that you believe are getting wet over this watch it's more likely they haven't changed their Depends in a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!

Mixed gold is also so un-balla.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:17 PM

Mine.

But at least I have a penis.