Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: I was in a benches clearing brawl (video included)

[ QUOTE ]

Mostly the typical stuff. But Granato's (third baseman) gf was in the stands and after the brawl, when things started to settle down you could see her crying in the first row right next to the dugout b/c her man was all bloodied up. Some of our guys were laughing at her and saying things to her. I was just wondering what she sees in the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was tempted to make a tasteless joke here, but in all seriousness, this guy sounds like the kind of dude she might be scared to leave.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:24 PM

I have a question. How come you didn't wait until the 2nd time he came up, just in case there weren't runners on base? Or were you hitting him no matter what, even if the bases were loaded and 0 outs? Hell, you should have lulled him to sleep. Pretend you are going to intentionally walk him and nail him in the head on a 3-0 count!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Matt Williams,

I was actually waiting for the right time to hit him and it just so happened that the right time presented itself in the first inning. We still had a game to play and I wasn't going to let hitting him ruin my game--meaning if he came up with bases loaded in the first inning he wasn't getting hit. But it was a man on second and third and one out, so a base open and less than two outs, plunk him and create the force out--I get a ton of double play balls.

The worst thing possible happened though:

I was 5th in the league in ERA with a 1.90 at the start of the game. I was ejected with bases loaded and 1 out, so a 1/3 of an inning pitched. The guy that came in, his first three pitches were wild pitches and all of my runs come in. My line 1/3 IP 3 ER...ERA went to 3.00.

I guess I shouldn't have left my credit card on the mound so that our long reliever could charge me up.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt Williams,

I was actually waiting for the right time to hit him and it just so happened that the right time presented itself in the first inning. We still had a game to play and I wasn't going to let hitting him ruin my game--meaning if he came up with bases loaded in the first inning he wasn't getting hit. But it was a man on second and third and one out, so a base open and less than two outs, plunk him and create the force out--I get a ton of double play balls.

The worst thing possible happened though:

I was 5th in the league in ERA with a 1.90 at the start of the game. I was ejected with bases loaded and 1 out, so a 1/3 of an inning pitched. The guy that came in, his first three pitches were wild pitches and all of my runs come in. My line 1/3 IP 3 ER...ERA went to 3.00.

I guess I shouldn't have left my credit card on the mound so that our long reliever could charge me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good explanation, makes sense. Next time tell your manager to have someone competant relieve you!

What level of play is this. I kinda recall you saying one time it's AA but I wasn't sure?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:50 PM

Nice tackle, there. I wonder when you two guys will meet up next.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:09 PM

wtf tdarko has no custom title and no tackle avatar. wtf is this mates?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pergesu-

[ QUOTE ]
Was he called out for running outside the base path?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually a rule that most people don't understand. You can actually run anywhere you want b/c technically there isn't a base path until you are trying to avoid a tag. Since the ball wasn't even there yet, it was still rolling in the infield he wasn't "out of the basebath," but I don't think you can go out of the baseline or out of your way to crush another player--that seems wrong eh?

As for the rule, if you hit a ball down the left field line into the corner you can round first base, run and high five the right fielder if you wanted to before trying for second--not wise, but you wouldn't be "out of the base path."

[/ QUOTE ]
I did not know that. Thanks for explaining it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM

Awesome. Darko is def a 2p2 legend now
Old 07-01-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to make this but Stuey beat me to it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that Stuey isn't awesome, but there's room for improvement. The clip needs to be longer. If you can find a way to pan-and-scan the douchebag charging tdarko, that would be great so we can see the full effect of tdarko waiting on him and then jujitsu-slamming his ass.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Sucks about the ERA damage. Well worth it though, kudos sir.

re avatar: just switch with nolan, or maybe LT busting someone up.