View Poll Results: best drama
Grey's Anatomy 1 9.09%
House 1 9.09%
The Sopranos 2 18.18%
24 6 54.55%
The West Wing 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: bodog is such a joke (with a screen shot)

The problem with going to a high-variance game is $1000 is probably a lot to the OP (as it is to me), he can't try and sticky it by making a $10000 bet or something, since he can't afford to lose $1k. Although that's obviously insanely +EV

There's really nothing he could have done realistically, if he goes on a chip dumping rampage, they'll see he's not playing legit. If he tries to make a run at highest limits / tries to sticky this and loses, they'll just take the losses out of his $1000, and even if he wins they may take it back. If he does a transfer, they'll reverse it.

So the OP is smart if he first thought of the above then decided on calling up support and hoping for a reward. He's stupid if calling support was his first reaction.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised at how many poker players here advocate cheating, in any form.
I've always maintained that most people are honest if given the chance.
So...what would you do to obtain a million dollars? A thousand? Fifty?
To those of you who claimed you would have lied/cheated/stolen (and brought a friend in on your scheme), Where is your moral line drawn, and, what about the friend you were gonna bring in, if he/she is a thief also, then, you might want to watch your $$, gf's, and other valuables around them. If they are not naturally a theif, then you have just compounded you culpability by corrupting an otherwise good person.
Oh, and stealing from someone because they can afford it?
Uhm...honestly, if that's how you think, then, nothing anyone can say will get through to you (until someone does it to YOU).
OP did what was right. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]
I remember a while back somebody trying to exploit a bug on WSEX that let them get rake-back for tournaments they had joined then unjoined.

I think ripping off a not-for-profit site is pretty much the lowest of the low, but when it comes to a profit making organization like BODOG then I'd be quite glad they got ripped off (even if it wasn't me benefiting from the money). They should either spend some of their huge profits on protecting themselves from this or suffer the consequences.

The day they spend every cent of their profit is the day I'll say I'd be sad to see them get ripped off.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ripping off a non-profit site? I'm pretty sure the poker room was their venus fly trap to get people hooked on sports gambling. I believe that was their idea behind it.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised at how many poker players here advocate cheating, in any form.
I've always maintained that most people are honest if given the chance.
So...what would you do to obtain a million dollars? A thousand? Fifty?
To those of you who claimed you would have lied/cheated/stolen (and brought a friend in on your scheme), Where is your moral line drawn, and, what about the friend you were gonna bring in, if he/she is a thief also, then, you might want to watch your $$, gf's, and other valuables around them. If they are not naturally a theif, then you have just compounded you culpability by corrupting an otherwise good person.
Oh, and stealing from someone because they can afford it?
Uhm...honestly, if that's how you think, then, nothing anyone can say will get through to you (until someone does it to YOU).
OP did what was right. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]
I remember a while back somebody trying to exploit a bug on WSEX that let them get rake-back for tournaments they had joined then unjoined.

I think ripping off a not-for-profit site is pretty much the lowest of the low, but when it comes to a profit making organization like BODOG then I'd be quite glad they got ripped off (even if it wasn't me benefiting from the money). They should either spend some of their huge profits on protecting themselves from this or suffer the consequences.

The day they spend every cent of their profit is the day I'll say I'd be sad to see them get ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ripping off a non-profit site? I'm pretty sure the poker room was their venus fly trap to get people hooked on sports gambling. I believe that was their idea behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, but it's effectively rake-free if you never bet on sports they don't force you into it... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2007, 01:33 PM

OP could just go sit in a legitimate high-limit table and splash around. Bodog couldn't void the play of that game because there were legit other players in the hands. Just make sure one of the guys is your friend and that you lose some money to him; don't specifically "dump" to him, just play badly and lose money to everyone at the table and he'll get some of it.

In the past when people's accounts have been hacked, money lost in "legitimate play" is never creditted back because the sites say they can't void the hands.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 PM

Yeah, but it's still for-profit.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:48 PM

chip dump idea is sick
Old 06-22-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, OP is a dweebtard

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP could just go sit in a legitimate high-limit table and splash around. Bodog couldn't void the play of that game because there were legit other players in the hands. Just make sure one of the guys is your friend and that you lose some money to him; don't specifically "dump" to him, just play badly and lose money to everyone at the table and he'll get some of it.

In the past when people's accounts have been hacked, money lost in "legitimate play" is never creditted back because the sites say they can't void the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds about right - I mean, you're obviously not going to get to cash out any of the money from your specific account, and might get the 1k confiscated, but that's why you splash like 100k around and get the 1k back, with mad interest

FLAVA FLAV
Old 06-22-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds about right - I mean, you're obviously not going to get to cash out any of the money from your specific account, and might get the 1k confiscated, but that's why you splash like 100k around and get the 1k back, with mad interest

FLAVA FLAV

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a guy with $1k in his account doesn't have friends who play high limits?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the moral issue here. It was their mistake, they will have to deal with the repercussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what everyone said when party had that backgammon 100 dollar bonus that can be cleared by donking off 25 bux in gammon

worked well until 2 months later when party stole the 100 bux from me