Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Winner of Ron Paul\'s Gaffe

Winner: RudyG
Loser: Ron Paul, Libertarians
Dennis Miller on Fox News had a pretty good analysis of the RPaul/RudyG exchange. He said words to the effect that Ron Paul gave RudyG a hanging curve ball which Rudy knock out of the park. Miller is a backer of RudyG. For myself I don't completely trust RudyG. While working for the govt, He was a typical mad-dog DA putting winning and the end-justifies-the-means over justice.... I'm not convinced by his stint as mayor of a Dem city makes him presidential material....

Ron Paul has been in politics a lot of years and I'm amazed he gave this verbal gift to RudyG. It is a shame because Ron Paul had been impressing some people in the debates until his poorly chosen words... All Ron Paul had to do was keep it short and simple, let foreigners kill each other lets withdraw from middle east politics.....his rant about Iran and talking to terrorists was coup-de-grace to to him winning more converts...
Old 05-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Winner of Ron Paul\'s Gaffe

[ QUOTE ]
Dennis Miller on Fox News had a pretty good analysis of the RPaul/RudyG exchange. He said words to the effect that Ron Paul gave RudyG a hanging curve ball which Rudy knock out of the park. Miller is a backer of RudyG. For myself I don't completely trust RudyG. While working for the govt, He was a typical mad-dog DA putting winning and the end-justifies-the-means over justice.... I'm not convinced by his stint as mayor of a Dem city makes him presidential material....

Ron Paul has been in politics a lot of years and I'm amazed he gave this verbal gift to RudyG. It is a shame because Ron Paul had been impressing some people in the debates until his poorly chosen words... All Ron Paul had to do was keep it short and simple, let foreigners kill each other lets withdraw from middle east politics.....his rant about Iran and talking to terrorists was coup-de-grace to to him winning more converts...

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the other few principled conservatives in this country happens to disagree with your assessment.

Article by Patrick Buchanan
http://www.antiwar.com/pat/?articleid=10984
Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 AM

I don't think you guys understand, so I'll late it out very basically.

Rudy Giuliani was mayor when 9/11 happened. The man is a modern-day hero! Rudy good, Ron Paul bad. Got it?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the other few principled conservatives

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading when I read this line.....
Ad hominem attacks against conservatives gets old after a while.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul

I left the libertarian party years ago.
People like Boro were one of the reasons...
Old 05-18-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
I left the libertarian party years ago.
People like Boro were one of the reasons...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not thuggish enough for you?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dennis Miller on Fox News had a pretty good analysis of the RPaul/RudyG exchange. He said words to the effect that Ron Paul gave RudyG a hanging curve ball which Rudy knock out of the park.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with the actual merit of Ron Paul's argument or the fact that Guiliani didn't actually refute it. It's only because appealing to 9/11 emotion is the ULTIMATE home run for a politician. Remember George Bush with all the firemen the Friday after 9/11 at Ground Zero? Hello 90% approval rating!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dennis Miller on Fox News had a pretty good analysis of the RPaul/RudyG exchange. He said words to the effect that Ron Paul gave RudyG a hanging curve ball which Rudy knock out of the park.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with the actual merit of Ron Paul's argument or the fact that Guiliani didn't actually refute it. It's only because appealing to 9/11 emotion is the ULTIMATE home run for a politician. Remember George Bush with all the firemen the Friday after 9/11 at Ground Zero? Hello 90% approval rating!

[/ QUOTE ]

In our system, power is won by elections, and elections are won by voters. Voters that by and large are swayed by verbage and not message. Voters that are swayed by looks and not outlooks.

In that sense, Ron Paul got his ass handed to him. He focused on saying something that was correct. Rudy focused on saying something that would win.

Cody
Old 05-18-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... maybe in Bizzaroworld.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:13 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/18/martin/index.html

This link was on the front page of CNN. Title is "Martin: Paul's 9/11 explanation deserves to be debated".