Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Incredible Disappearing Television Characters

The entire cast of Grounded for Life was replaced with the cast of The War at Home.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sam Seaborn on West Wing. He went off to run in a run-off election for a House seat that he knew he wouldn't win. He was supposed to come back and be a senior counselor to the President after that was over. Years went by before they finally brought him back for the last two episodes...Josh finds him working for a law firm again. It's never explained what the hell happened to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe I'm way off, but didn't Sam win the election?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they ever officially announced the result, but as they neared election day it was pretty clear he was going to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the end of the series when Josh went to get him to become Deputy COS I think it was made clear that he lost the California election and went back to being a lawyer.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Garret Dillahunt played both Jack McCall (the guy who killed Wild Bill) and Francis Wolcott in Deadwood, I could never get over it (although I thought he did a great job as McCall)

[/ QUOTE ]

...And I didn't realize it was the same guy until years later, when watching the DVD.

(Interesting Garrett Dillahunt note: In the episode where he gets beat up by Charlie, he keeps his long-sleeved undershirt on while the Doc examines and diagnoses his broken ribs. Dillahunt explains on the DVD commentary that he couldn't take his shirt off because "I'm actually quite 'built'", and nobody was walking around 'ripped' in 1876.)
Old 05-13-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Garret Dillahunt played both Jack McCall (the guy who killed Wild Bill) and Francis Wolcott in Deadwood, I could never get over it (although I thought he did a great job as McCall)

[/ QUOTE ]

...And I didn't realize it was the same guy until years later, when watching the DVD.

(Interesting Garrett Dillahunt note: In the episode where he gets beat up by Charlie, he keeps his long-sleeved undershirt on while the Doc examines and diagnoses his broken ribs. Dillahunt explains on the DVD commentary that he couldn't take his shirt off because "I'm actually quite 'built'", and nobody was walking around 'ripped' in 1876.)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i didn't realize it right away either, i actually recognized him in an episode of ER then IMDB'd him and found out that way. i guess that's a testament to his acting ability.