Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

[ QUOTE ]
So just to confirm, I can set up a USD Account at my Canadian Bank, then register with MB and deposit/withdraw money from that US account, thus negating the need for any currency conversion or check sent through the mail?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a good question. I've only tried wiring back to my Canadian currency account with currency conversion being done at that time.

Has anybody tried wiring back from their U.S. currency MB account to a U.S. dollar account at one of the big 5 Canadian banks using MB? I haven't tried it but if somebody has been able to do it with zero currency conversion, maybe I'll open up a U.S. dollar account too.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Has anybody tried wiring back from their U.S. currency MB account to a U.S. dollar account at one of the big 5 Canadian banks using MB? I haven't tried it but if somebody has been able to do it, maybe I'll open up a U.S. dollar account too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I ask this is because AFAIK, the Canadian banks' U.S. dollar accounts are actually accounts held at intermediary banks in the U.S. I could be wrong. I'm wondering how MB would handle wiring to those accounts?

If somebody has been able to do it using Moneybookers, please post.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I ask this is because AFAIK, the Canadian banks' U.S. dollar accounts are actually accounts held at intermediary banks in the U.S. I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the best of my knowledge, only RBC's account is of this type.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Does anyone have trouble wiring money from your Canadian bank account to Moneybookers for verification purposes? I got the info listed on Moneybookers (Acc Name/bank/City/Swift/IBAN/Reference) but my bank told me that I needed an "Account Number" and the address for both the bank and company. I used TD Trust today.. anyone else try verifying your bank account?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:32 PM

td cantrust is heavy on my ishlist.

[censored] them. there are tons of credit unions/non big-5 that will gladly take your business without [censored] on your chest first.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Hey guys, haven't you checked out usemybank yet? They are Canadian based. They recently testified infront of the Finance Committee about electronic payments. I talked to the two founders and said they have made $60 million from online poker transactions alone. I'm amazed that it hasn't made this list of ewallets since it's prominently advertised in various poker sites.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody tried wiring back from their U.S. currency MB account to a U.S. dollar account at one of the big 5 Canadian banks using MB? I haven't tried it but if somebody has been able to do it with zero currency conversion, maybe I'll open up a U.S. dollar account too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I initiated a transfer on Sunday, the 6th, and it just hit my USD account at Scotiabank today. It was a $100 transfer (just so I can verify the account), and I didn't get charged any fees by Scotiabank. I'm very happy about this!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:48 PM

Those of you who have gone the moneybookers way, have you chosen a usd or cad account? The only time I need usd money is for online pokering, when the money comes back to me it goes into a pcfinancial cdn account. which one
Old 05-11-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those of you who have gone the moneybookers way, have you chosen a usd or cad account? The only time I need usd money is for online pokering, when the money comes back to me it goes into a pcfinancial cdn account. which one

[/ QUOTE ]
My assumption was always that it would be just like NT, and I'd face exchange vig with every poker site transfer if I had a Can $ account. Therefore, mine is US $. However, I'm not certain if I'm correct...does anyone have an MB account in Can $?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, haven't you checked out usemybank yet? They are Canadian based. They recently testified infront of the Finance Committee about electronic payments. I talked to the two founders and said they have made $60 million from online poker transactions alone. I'm amazed that it hasn't made this list of ewallets since it's prominently advertised in various poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not an eWallet, AFAIK.