Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: The Gobbomom Conspiracy Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Do you see these conspiracy "nuts" as being different from people who won't vacinate their kids and/or those who distrust "Big Pharm" but will swallow any snake oil supplement which says "Organic" on the label?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I guess so.

Alhough my kids are vaccinated (though I absolutely find it ridiculous that chicken pox vaccine is now a requirement for kindergarten, and would probably fight that one if my kids hadn't already had it)

As for "Big Pharm", you got me there. Definitely no trust for them. In fact, not a lot of trust for anyone/thing whose sole purpose for being is to make money. So I guess that pretty much makes me suspect of any large corporations, including ones that sell organic supplements. Obviously I can't completely avoid them, but "trust" seems a bit ridiculous. Do you really trust that "Big Pharm" and other large corporations are acting in your best interest?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:01 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth

Here is a favorite of mine.

Greg
Old 05-04-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My theory on Conspiracy Theories: People love conspiracy theories, and alien abduction stories, and Bigfoot, and the Loch Ness Monster, and angels and demons and psychics, and all that sort of crap, because the world would simply be a more interesting place to live in if they were real than if they weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

My theory: you can't get large groups of people to ALL hold onto secrets very easily. So many conspiracy theories rely on way too many people being mum about things for way to long. Someone would sing. It's human nature, IMO.

KJS
Old 05-04-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes Howard, you seem to be one of the few who understand the nuances of this thread, and your input is valid and appreciated. As Al intimated, the intention of the subject material began acromoniously and I was hoping that by responding I could partially alleviate some of that tension. I feel bad for those respondents who think that others of us who entertain ideas that run contrary to the status quo are "batshit crazy idiots" or that allowing such discussions to run course are incapable of rational thought or even in the case of Dids: shamed as terrible parents. How sad it is that most of you might raise children who are denigrated for thinking outside the box, and asking questions that differ from a generalized robotic understanding of the norm. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I noted Dids's comment. Should I ever take Dids and Spanaway Vin to dinner, as I might, I'll engage him in a good-natured debate on the subject and, with his permission, report back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hijack to ask for Seattle dinner invite too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Will pay my own way.

KJS
Old 05-04-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth

Here is a favorite of mine.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to entertain a Hollow Earth theory that doesn't involve reptilian sauroids in the middle secretly controlling world affairs. Good day sir!

I also just experienced great joy adding 'sauroids' to my Firefox spell check dictionary.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:08 PM

I am intrigued by the theories that the Twin Towers were purposely brought down by dynamite after the planes hit. I am not a big conspiracy buff so have not read much at all on it. But I am curious why a building that was hit at the top would give way at the bottom and fall straight down. It is hard for me to understand so it does make me curious about the alternate theories.

Anyone?

KJS
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 PM

It is hard for me to understand how an evil demolition crew, one of maybe a handful in the world with the expertise to blow up huge buildings, could skulk around on nights and weekends planting precise charges w/o being noticed -- a process that normally takes months on a fully gutted building.

Also these well-paid, highly-trained professionals are apparently willing to kill a few thousand of their fellow Americans for the good of the cause. Or maybe we brought in a bunch of Russians.

Also the US either orchestrated the planes, or knew about them but didn't think just a couple planes hitting our tallest buildings would be enough to rile up the American people sufficiently - the buildings had to fall.

Also Popular Mechanics did a whole big piece on how the explosion blew off the insulation, allowing the intense heat from the burning jet fuel to get to the steel structure, which finally melted and gave out, allowing the part of the bldg above the crash site to collapse down on the rest of the building. But I guess they're in on it to.

Oh but there's weird circumstances around the collapse of Bldg. 7. Yes because our gov't knew this building also had to fall to really really rile up the American people. Just the twin towers weren't quite enough.

All this and no one's said a word...
Old 05-04-2007, 04:55 PM

In regards to the Buildings Collapse, i too like the poster above me thought it was because of the intense heat causing melting that made the building collapse onto itself.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I am curious why a building that was hit at the top would give way at the bottom and fall straight down. It is hard for me to understand so it does make me curious about the alternate theories.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't begin collapsing at the bottom.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:03 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
It is hard for me to understand how an evil demolition crew, one of maybe a handful in the world with the expertise to blow up huge buildings, could skulk around on nights and weekends planting precise charges w/o being noticed -- a process that normally takes months on a fully gutted building.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember reading an article about how there was construction being done on the buildings a week or two before and that people working in the buildings were barred from entering at that time.

i do think there was some foul play going on with 9/11, but most conspiracy theories are ridiculous. the building across from the trade centers collapsing because of falling debris was a bit unbelievable imo.