Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: NL25 Video From MSNLer

Sure, this isn't easy ... it takes reading skills, which most uNL'er don't posses much.

But the value of this is, that you get to see that the tight tight nitty approach usually advocated here is not the only way to play, even though it is something you have to master before playing like this.

Still when only six hands are dealt, playing only premiums is something that well ... is not strictly necesarry.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:51 PM

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback thus far. I'll respond to all of them in a few hours.

Adam
Old 05-03-2007, 03:28 PM

PM me when you got your next vid shot. I'll assist in converting it if Everlong isn't around.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 PM

Oh and btw, I'll talk more about this when I respond more fully but yes those 30k hands were 4 and sometimes 5 tabling but never more and sometimes 3 tabling. I worked up to that though and played one table for a few hours per day for about a week, then added another, etc..... but in answer to your question yes it is possible to do this multitabling: I know somebody who looks to manipulate dynamics in a similar fashion at NL2k while playing 3-4 tables. I'll post some more and some responses in a bit.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:06 PM

I was unable to watch the video. I had sound, but the screen was frozen on the one hand at the beginning (trip 8's).

I tried all kinds of codecs or whatever but nothing worked. PM any help pls.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PM me when you got your next vid shot. I'll assist in converting it if Everlong isn't around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am merely your Padawan learner in matters Camtastic master [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 11:15 PM

Mr. Pathetic:

I don't quite understand your question: "How many buyins do you consider necessary to keep from losing your whole roll and tilting like a monkey once you are left with say >5 buyins"? I really can't relate to tilt problems because almost never have them and really never did in the past (actually what happens when I'm on tilt is become very passive and nitty). I can say that I regularly have 4-5 buyin swings per thousand hands, I don't know where that falls in the realm of normal variance but I don't think it's too far from others. I think that's a great point you made about actively building a clue context, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I used to view poker as a game of winning and losing, but now I see it as the negotiation of the price for information and understanding, and this makes a lot of things easier to deal with (no viewing constant reraises as "disrespect", no getting frustrated if somebody keeps shoving on me, etc....). I feel like I probably didn't provide a very helpful response, PM me if you want to talk more.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:23 PM

limit refugee,

This is definitely not the way I always played, and in fact when I was playing 25NL and using PA HUD I was probably playing 12 VPIP. Then something happened that pretty much changed the way I would play poker forever: My poker mentor (a good friend who got me started with the game), fellow 2p2er and (then) Hud user, went on a huge downswing. He started by losing 7k at NL1k and then proceeded to lose at least ten buyins at every level below that until finally ending up 50k in the hole and playing NL50. He decided to stop using PA HUD, start focusing more on game dynamics and getting inside people's heads while cutting down the number of tables, and went from NL50 back to NL1k in about three and a half weeks to the tune of about +90k. I then decided I too would take this approach to the game, so I turned off my HUD and started single tabling at NL25 until I felt like I was starting to understand the players I was playing against. Gradually I added tables, while constantly taking breaks from multitabling to play one table and take voluminous notes on everybody to practice, and surely enough I began to move up limits with ease, get more relaxed while I was playing the game, and just overall have more fun along with improving my results. I think that understanding the TAG "system" (you can certainly win at any level playing TAG but the TAGs at NL1k are far different than the TAGs at NL25) and understanding how to play nitty is essential to perfect before you begin to open it up. Good TAGs are constantly bluffing, whereas playing a wide open style is really more about value betting extremely thinly and knowing when a raise means somebody is sick of you and when they have a real hand.

Adam
Old 05-05-2007, 11:29 PM

Panic_NL,

Actually when I start getting called with 2nd or bottom pair that's when I start to loosen up how far I will go with hands and start value betting super thin (I probably would have shoved the river with ANY K in that AQ hand at the beginning of the video and in similar situations as the dynamics dictates). Like I was saying in the video, it's one thing to be getting called down and another one to start getting rebluffed. I'll touch more on this in other vids.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:21 AM

I had a thought : Fulltilt have Deep stack tables at $0.15/$0.30 level. why don't you make your next video there?
Sure not every one sit with 200XBB but most at least have 100XBB so real short stacks are almost never there.