Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Is this girl [censored] nuts?

RB,

A chick saying something like she did after one date is pretty similar to a guy using the word "stalker" in the presence of a chick. Even if in a joking matter it has no potentially positive outcome for the person saying it. It will only serve to freak the fk out of the other party.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RB,

A chick saying something like she did after one date is pretty similar to a guy using the word "stalker" in the presence of a chick. Even if in a joking matter it has no potentially positive outcome for the person saying it. It will only serve to freak the fk out of the other party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good observation.

On another subject, I'd just like to say that calling someone "honey" or some other pet name doesn't have to mean much at all. Taking it as an offense that should be recoiled from is just weenie. It can be just a nice, honey gesture, nothing more. If you want to beetle your brows about it and think about it's staggering implications, good luck to you. But if anyone is being weird, it's you, not the pet-name sayer.

Jeez, how anonymous does sex have to get before you guys let up and relax a little? It's almost like sex turns you into enemies, not friends.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:58 AM

you can't talk to her during breaks in your class?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RB,

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I agree it's not something a guy ever really wants to hear, but I still think you guys are taking the situation way too seriously (in most instances, not necessarily this one if her comment was dead serious).

Maybe my experiences are just odd I guess, but I've been in the exact type of situation many times and I don't really see it as weird behavior for a girl. I think we all know that girls start thinking about relationship potential when they like a guy (and especially after having sex with him). And many times they say suggestive things like what the OP's girl said to get a reaction and see what the guy is thinking about the two of them. For her the positive result is getting some hint of clarity about the future of the relationship. I think it can be done in a way that's not weird at all and I also think it's usually fairly easy as the guy to blow it off and get the point across that you're not ready to talk about it.

Maybe I'm more tolerant than I should be I guess, but like I said I've been in similar situations many times and never had an instance where it blew up into something.

But whatev...hard to say without being there as how it's said clearly makes a lot of difference.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 AM

When I read the thread title I decided to play the odds and say that yes, she is nuts. After having read the post, it is obvious that variance hasn't kicked in yet.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This girl is way too into you, and it's not healthy to be talking marriage-life things after just a single bang. Don't blame her; it's how women are probably wired and definiteluy culturally inculcated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or she's totally leveled his ass. Fwiw, women love to test dudes with these kinds of things. My standard play is to give totally ridiculous answers and have fun with her instead of acting aloof.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:17 AM

it is clear you simply don't like her all that much, which is fine. but what you have to realize is that every woman, EVERY woman, regardless of what they say, does not want to be merely someones [censored] toy. some are better than others at hiding this and selling the fact that they indeed just want the sex, but mark my words, tears and moments of great discomfort are in the future.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Good, because you are going to have to make a lot of money because I'm doing nonprofit stuff." (She wants to be a Congresswoman someday).

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless she is 10000% crazy, she said this tongue in cheek just to see how you would react. Its not nearly as big of deal as you are making it out to be.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM

I agree with most of the people here that you clearly don't like her much and were just interested in sexy-time.

If you are interested in her at all, just go freakin' talk with her about where things are going. Basically, she needs to realize that you are definately interested in her but were weirded out by her comments because you didn't know if she was leveling you or really asking you to marry her. Talk about spending some real time getting to know her and, among other things, why you don't care to go chill during the ten minute break (not really wanting to hang with her friends is a PERFECTLY legit excuse, but I can also see her wanting to hang and stuff, not wanting to be ignored after being your sexy-time partner).

If you are not interested though, I have no clue what you should do. Just say you aren't now and be done.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 PM

yes