Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Greatest sports moment of your entire life?

[ QUOTE ]
From a Canadian perspective for any hockey fans or almost any Canadian in the early 70's old enough to watch TV-lol , it would have to be Paul Henderson's goal in the 1972 Canada/Russia hockey series.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand not reading *every* post in this thread...but not even reading the OP?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:18 AM

Junior year I hit a homerun in 5 straight games. Only ones i hit all year.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:30 AM

Paging Sup Bro.......

I've played a lot of organized sports in my life with varying degrees of success, but my greatest moment came in a road hockey game. It was a first to 15 affair and we were down 14 - 4. We tied it up and I scored the winner with a slapshot that beat the goalie high glove. I've been to football all star games, got invited for a look by the Wolverines, but that goal is what stands out the most.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 AM

Unassisted double play to win the little league championship in our division.

Based loaded, one out and my team is winning by one. The best hitter is up against our crappy pitcher. He drills a line drive down to third base. I make a diving catch and touch third base with my hand to end the game.

Most of my good baseball plays do not involve hitting, because I was a horrible hitter.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 AM

Local roller hockey league playoff game

I was about 15 or 16 at the time. Game was in a shootout, and I was the tiebreaker. If I score we win, if I don't we keep going. I score and the whole team jumps off the bench and tackles me. The goalie on the other team cried too.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:03 AM

My most satisfying sports moment came when I was playing IL/IN sectionals in Ultimate Frisbee (go ahead, make fun) in the finals against our hated rival. The player I matched up against was a little shorter than me (I'm 6'4" and he's 6'3 maybe) and he was ragging on me to his teammates on the sideline. I think his quote was something like "That [7ontheline] is OK but he plays short. He plays like he's 6 feet tall."

This is somewhat true because I can't jump, but it was still annoying. Next point I completely burn him on a cut downfield and make a sick layout catch JUST outside the back of the endzone. Damn. They get the disc on the end zone line, and as my guy is trying to cut I again blow by him, knock the disc away and catch it. I then threw it in for a score on the next throw. He didn't talk any more after that. I know, not too impressive, but I felt good.

Team-wise, my team made it to the National tournament so that was pretty cool too.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 AM

7th grade. We are in a basketball tourny. I am the star of the team (not saying much, we sucked ass). I had two buzzer situations also this season, and missed them both.

Regardless, coach draws up a play, and says get me the ball.
We are down by two, with about 10 seconds to go. Lose and we are out of tourny.

I get the ball, misshandle it and a kid steals it. He starts dribbling down the court (like a fast break). He is fat, or crappy, or something (dont remember) so team mate and I catch up really quick before he crosses the half court line.

We tie him up and he turns the ball over. Team mate of mine recovers. ROughly 4 seconds left. Team mate gets swarmed by opposition, and lobs (sp?) the ball to me. I'm about 3 feet behind 3 point line.

I get the ball, pivot toward hoop, and get the quickest possible shot off. I sink it just like I do in my drive way. w/ about 1 second left.

Other good moment was scorring 5 goals in a soccer game. But that wasnt nearly as exciting as the bball game.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 AM

In 8th grade, I faced the best wrestler on our team in practice one day. He was probably six inches shorter than I was, but built like a brick [censored]house. I likely would have pinned him, but he faked a shoulder injury and the coach stopped the match. The faking cheater would go on to win the varsity state title all four years in high school, while I quit wrestling in 9th grade to do nerd stuff instead (speech, debate, band).

Last summer, I was throwing a round of disc golf with my friend on a course we invented with a portable disc golf target in his in-laws' back yard. 200 feet from tee box to pin (rural home ftw), slight left dogleg with some obstacles... I launch a drive straight down the fairway, and the disc gently clips a tree branch, glides left, skips off the top of a pop-up camper about 20 feet from the hole, and lands neatly in the chains.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 AM

In a baseball game when i was 12, i hit a pitch and the ball came unravelled and rolled to about 2nd base while the outside covering was flapping around, and everybody was watching amazed and didn't know what to do. i felt like was the baddest mfker to ever play little league, and i still have the ball with half of the stitches popped open.

*note: i was a great hitter outside of that. Some other good memories were every single time i went to bat except for the first time each game, the outfielders would back way the hell up, and their coaches would always wave to them to go back further and further, and i'd still hit it over them constantly. The first at bat was always the best, because I'd always blast the ball into outer space when they were still playing in and everyone would be like "oh snap son" and i'd run around the bases like an a-hole.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 AM

My best sports moment would probably be during my senior year of HS basketball. It was late in the season, and we were still in the hunt to make the state tournament and this was a pretty important game. We were playing a below average team, in their gym, that we should have beat pretty easily. They had one very good player surrounded by a bunch of bums that would struggle to make most JV teams in our league. I wasnt a very big scorer (I averaged like 8 or 9 PPG) but I was one of the best shooters on the team, and I was just on this game. The rest of the team didnt really show up to play and we trailed the whole game, but we made a little run late, and the game went back and forth a couple times. One way or another, they ended up with the ball in a tie game with like 10-15 seconds. Their star player (who has like 40 pts and has been on fire all game) has the ball and is gonna settle for the last shot. We were playin a box-and-1 and I was on the ball. With like 5 seconds left, he tries to drive, and I get a hand on the ball and knock it away. I stumble over his foot and nearly go down but I'm able to stay on my feet and take the ball the length of the court for the game-winning lay-up, and the buzzer sounds literally .2 seconds after the ball leaves my hand.

That was probably the best game I've ever played, had my career high in points, and had a game winning buzzer-beater. It would have been much cooler if it was a home game, but crushing the hopes and dreams of their fans was pretty cool too.