Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Weird Live Ethics Question

Give him money? F that. I would be more focused on trying to keep myself from laughing in his face. There is no ethical dilemma, and the established protocol in this situation is clear.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Why do everyone see this from ff's perspective?

The asian guy is probably not as baller as ff, but if you somehow did what asian guy did, would you want to know what you did and would you want half the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'd be right. I can come up with a lot of reasons for people to give me money that they aren't under any ethical obligation to do.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:18 PM

H,

"The asian guy is probably not as baller as ff, but if you somehow did what asian guy did, would you want to know what you did and would you want half the pot?"

Of course I want the money for every time I've misread a board and mucked the best hand or any other bonehead thing where all I had to do was flip my hand over and collect the money. But nobody gives me money back when I screw up, so I'm sure not giving them money back when they screw up.

And I'm sure as hell not giving any money away based on what some guy I don't know at all claims some other guy had. Hell, for all I know, the guy was a donkey calling down with A4 and Greek guy misread it as Aces.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:55 PM

Hmm, I think my post came of wrong. I would answer no to my own question because I would be so embarresed. I assumed others - and especially asians (prejudice?) - would feel the same. So I wouldnt give him the money.

This was posted as an ethics question. But most of the posts here are concerned with FF's feelings. Ethics is about what is right or wrong! It is quite obvious from this post that most/all people in the poker world agree that FF isnt under any ethical obligation.

FF should do what he think is right. If it was me I would consider how the asian would react and I wouldn't give him the pot.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would answer no to my own question because I would be so embarresed. I assumed others - and especially asians (prejudice?) - would feel the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, no prejudice at all. It's a well known fact that Asians are required to commit seppuku after shaming their family by misreading the board.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would answer no to my own question because I would be so embarresed. I assumed others - and especially asians (prejudice?) - would feel the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, no prejudice at all. It's a well known fact that Asians are required to commit seppuku after shaming their family by misreading the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, awesome post nath
Old 02-18-2007, 02:08 AM

I honestly can't believe that you would even consider chopping the pot with the opponent, but it leads me to ask you a couple of other similar questions that I've seen come up in live poker.

Do you considering chopping the pot if an opponent bets the turn and river, announces that he has a straight, and upon turning his cards over is surprised when he realizes that has 4 to a straight/air?(assuming you honestly believe he had a straight)

Do you consider chopping the pot when you put a horrible beat on somebody?

Id imagine your answer to both these questions would be no. The first scenario(as in this case), is a player error, punishable by him losing the pot. The second scenario is just part of the game.

The only time id ever consider doing something like this is if there was some sort of dealer/management error involved where you really believe the opponent had the best hand but by no fault of his own, the pot was shipped to you.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, for all I know, the guy was a donkey calling down with A4 and Greek guy misread it as Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad other people think this too. Someone in this thread said this prior to you.

When I am playing live and look at my cards, I get a boner when I see A4. Then I realize that I don't actually have AA, I in fact have A4.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Weird Live Ethics Question

what would you will he do to you in the situation? obviously ethically speaking, not monetarily.