Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Global Warming: What needs to be done?

[ QUOTE ]
The scientific evidence suggests that the current changes in temperature (dependent variable) are being triggered by changes in other factors (independent variables) and we know what those independent variables are.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is in question is exactly why you just wrote. Yes the earth is warming, the reason has only been hypothesized to be a result of man's actions with weak at best evidence supporting the hypothesis. An aparent correlation with the rise in greenhouse gasses has been noticed, scientifically speaking an apparent corelation may be nothing more than coincidece .
thus we have the debate. Scientifically nothing gas been proven about the cause of the recent warming and nothing shows that it is anything more than a natural event. The sun had been hotter over the last 150yrs years that is just as likely the cause of the recent (150 yr) warming trend as increased greenhouse gasses.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the IPCC study just came out and things dont look pretty. It looks like the we can expect more heat waves and more hurricanes over the next century ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Predicting weather accurately decades in advance? Cmon.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the IPCC study just came out and things dont look pretty. It looks like the we can expect more heat waves and more hurricanes over the next century ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Predicting weather accurately decades in advance? Cmon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im going out on a limb but I bet we also have some blizzards , cold snaps and noreasters
Old 02-06-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying and I encourage your skepticism, but you're clinging to skeptical views that have been shot down already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Shot down already? 17,000 scientists declare that global warming is a lie with no scientific basis whatsoever. I guess not everyone is on board the idea of Global Warming.

http://www.oism.org/oism/s32p31.htm

I'll expand on this when I get some time.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes the earth is warming, the reason has only been hypothesized to be a result of man's actions with weak at best evidence supporting the hypothesis.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's stronger than that. The effects of greenhouse gas levels alone are sufficient to explain the rise in temperature, and the increase in the level of greenhouse gases is explained by human activity only.

Demanding 100% concensus from all researchers on any subject before admitting that the conclusions are valid doesn't make any sense. Do you still think that cigarettes aren't addictive? There's a line between skepticism and denial.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:26 PM

and you once again prove my point a corelation appears to exist sorry bud but scientifically more is needed.
Has the radiant energy of the sun increased over the past 150 years? I believe the answer is Yes but somehow this is irrelivant to the small rise in earth's temperature? Im sorry but the majority of real scientific work is inconclusive at best as to the cause.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying and I encourage your skepticism, but you're clinging to skeptical views that have been shot down already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Shot down already? 17,000 scientists declare that global warming is a lie with no scientific basis whatsoever. I guess not everyone is on board the idea of Global Warming.

http://www.oism.org/oism/s32p31.htm

I'll expand on this when I get some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you expand on it you may want to include some of the research that occured after 1998.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:38 PM

lets get it out in the open Global Warming alarmism was started simply as and ani capitalist movement.

come on Earth day is on Vladimir Lenin's birthday?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has the radiant energy of the sun increased over the past 150 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
but somehow this is irrelivant to the small rise in earth's temperature?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also yes. The increase in solar radiation over the last 100 years does not account for even a fraction of the increase in the average global temperature.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has the radiant energy of the sun increased over the past 150 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
but somehow this is irrelivant to the small rise in earth's temperature?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also yes. The increase in solar radiation over the last 100 years does not account for even a fraction of the increase in the average global temperature.

[/ QUOTE ]\
not enought to account for a 1.1 degree F rise. put down the kool-aid