Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Your biggest coincidence ever?

did you hit it?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:49 PM

This was about 10 years ago right after I graduated highschool. My gf and I decide find out some band she likes is playing at a college about 100 miles away. Having nothing better to do we go along with another couple she knows. About five miles away from the college my car breaks down. We hitch to the college and leave the car as we don't want to miss the concert. not that it matters, but we aren't able to actually get into the concert as it is sold out. We hang out outside for a bit and then head off to the police station to make sure that my car hasn't been impounded and to get a tow truck. The car is pretty much dead and my parents are out of town for the weekend and her parents are pissed because she took off without telling them so they aren't coming. Hmmm, we're broke, have no car and are stuck in some town where we know nobody. There's another group of college age kids that just came into the police station and amazingly they are from the next town over from where we lived. They had been busted for underage drinking at the concert and one of them is the cousin of one of the other people with us and we're somehow able to convince the police to release them with no charges as long as we drive them back home.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 AM

I grew up in a quaint road of 8 beautiful bungalows. We were never close to out immediate neighbours, but 2 down were the Bards. They were about 10 years older than my parents, extremely friendly - fun people to be around. Me and my brother always you to cycle down to their place and go around on their drive, looking back it was probably annoying for them but they also were extremely approachable.

We moved away but my parents kept in distant touch with them (i.e. meeting up every 2 or 3 years for a meal). My mum has retired, my dad is cutting down, so they have been searching for a retirement flat. They finally found a nice place in a block of 6 flats - 2 on each floor. My Dad just IMed me to say they are going to exchange contracts today - an exciting moment. The occupants of the other flat on their floor? The Bards.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:55 AM

About 10 years ago I started seeing a girl who went out with my best friend in high school he didn't like it and we stopped being friends. Around that time my parents split up and a year later my mother started dating a guy she had met. This guy turned out to be my former best friends father who is now my stepdad. Needless to say family gatherings are fun.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About 10 years ago I started seeing a girl who went out with my best friend in high school he didn't like it and we stopped being friends. Around that time my parents split up and a year later my mother started dating a guy she had met. This guy turned out to be my former best friends father who is now my stepdad. Needless to say family gatherings are fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats effed up
Old 03-14-2006, 08:24 AM

Just a bit.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:56 AM

1. My wife and I are both born on March 11
2. Both our kids are born in the same room at the same hospital
3. My best friend from highschool and I had a strange ritual where we'd always give eachother the same guitar back and forth for burthdays, christmas, etc. Last I met this guy was in 1997. Last Friday I am on my way home from work and stop by the supermarket to pick up some supplies and booze for my birthday. I run into my old friend. It turns out he lives on the other side of town, but stopped by his parents old house to pick up that old guitar and give his girlfriends younger brother who's birthday is the day after... March 11.