check/call 1 8.33%
bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

I've been bombing the micro NL forum with posts this week. I'm really happy with the responses I've been getting. It seems that there are a few high limit players that answer questions on all the NL cash forums. There is an incredible amount of information to be learned from 2+2. I read @40 pages of posts in 3 different NL forums yesterday. Wow. I'll bet that the 2+2 forums have created most of the worlds best players. Thanks to pineapple888 and Oarnge for answering a lot of my questions. Learning NL cash seemed hard at first, but it's getting a lot easier.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm such an idiot. I'm also a liability with too many buy-ins. I'm going to try this short stacking idea. I mean, I know this kind of play backwards and forwards. Probably better than NL cash players at ginormous levels.

Does this mean that if I try shortstacking, that I should playing a level that assumes this is my buy-in? Or should I still be playing a level that assumes a full buy-in for my bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

take this fwiw, but in the 100k hands I played of this, I think about 2/3 the regular bankroll requirement for the level is about right. could probably get by with half, but i'm always consevitive about it. standerd deviation for full buying runs in the 27 to 30 range. for short buying it's in the 17ish range. (all that is from memory, as i don't have my data handy, but if the numbers are screwy, the reletive difference I'm sure of)
Old 01-20-2007, 01:14 PM

weird to post this here.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm such an idiot. I'm also a liability with too many buy-ins. I'm going to try this short stacking idea. I mean, I know this kind of play backwards and forwards. Probably better than NL cash players at ginormous levels.

Does this mean that if I try shortstacking, that I should playing a level that assumes this is my buy-in? Or should I still be playing a level that assumes a full buy-in for my bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

take this fwiw, but in the 100k hands I played of this, I think about 2/3 the regular bankroll requirement for the level is about right. could probably get by with half, but i'm always consevitive about it. standerd deviation for full buying runs in the 27 to 30 range. for short buying it's in the 17ish range. (all that is from memory, as i don't have my data handy, but if the numbers are screwy, the reletive difference I'm sure of)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make what I think lacky is saying concrete, you would need $3000 if you bought in for $100 each time at 100NL, and $1700 if you bought in for $20 each time at 100NL. Correct? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to pineapple888

[/ QUOTE ]

My pleasure. I try to reply to posts from STTF alums whenever I'm over there.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 PM

Who the hell recommends having a 40 buyin roll at 100nl?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell recommends having a 40 buyin roll at 100nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down, son... that's if you are buying in short for $20, so $20x40=$800. Lacky recommends more than that for buying in short (if I'm reading his post correctly), see above.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:15 PM

Another reason to like cash: I've won money the last 72 times I've had AA. Try that in STTs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another reason to like cash: I've won money the last 72 times I've had AA. Try that in STTs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds impossible.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:39 PM

Sorry Pineapple I completely misread something and then screwed up the math too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I guess my post came off like I was upset, but I was just surprised to see such a high recommendation. 3k is much more reasonable

3k definitely isn't 2/3 of 4k