Default Re: Randy Moss to Packers????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moss to the Jets plzkthx.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know he played with pennington in college, but i don't think moss has great skill in route running, which is critical for pennington since he has no arm strength and relies on precision...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw Pennington throws a good deep ball and Moss has been on record as saying Chad was his favorite QB he has ever played with.

Maybe being back in a contending atmosphere and back with his college buddy could change his attidue somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pennington seems like a good kid, and he is a good QB, but to say he throws a good deep ball is a bit of stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throwing the deep ball has nothing to do with arm strength(to an extent). Arm strength becomes a problem when throwing the medium/long passes and long outs that you need to bullet in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. It's just that my market showed a lot of Jets games this year, and I noticed that Pennington got a lot of air under his long passes.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Moss didn't even try later in the season. TO did.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why TO >>> Moss.

Say what you want about him, but he always wants to win, and works his ass off on the field.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moss to the Jets plzkthx.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know he played with pennington in college, but i don't think moss has great skill in route running, which is critical for pennington since he has no arm strength and relies on precision...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw Pennington throws a good deep ball and Moss has been on record as saying Chad was his favorite QB he has ever played with.

Maybe being back in a contending atmosphere and back with his college buddy could change his attidue somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pennington seems like a good kid, and he is a good QB, but to say he throws a good deep ball is a bit of stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throwing the deep ball has nothing to do with arm strength(to an extent). Arm strength becomes a problem when throwing the medium/long passes and long outs that you need to bullet in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. It's just that my market showed a lot of Jets games this year, and I noticed that Pennington got a lot of air under his long passes.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...don't get me wrong, i'm a huge jets fan...but every time pennington throws the ball, i wanna vomit...

EDIT: throws the ball deep i mean...
Old 01-20-2007, 04:21 AM

Well in fairness, I wasn't able to watch all of the Jets games this year, maybe all of those surgeries have effected that. I just know that before all of his injuries he was still known as having a horribly weak arm, but could still throw the deep ball very well.(And I'm almost positive the statistics would back me up)
Old 01-20-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well in fairness, I wasn't able to watch all of the Jets games this year, maybe all of those surgeries have effected that. I just know that before all of his injuries he was still known as having a horribly weak arm, but could still throw the deep ball very well.(And I'm almost positive the statistics would back me up)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not his biographer, but from what I remember of him a couple of years ago, you are probably right.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why TO >>> Moss.

Say what you want about him, but he always wants to win, and works his ass off on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the vikes were contending, moss wanted to win as much as anyone. the whole "i play when i want to play" thing was blown way out of proportion and overall moss isnt half the distraction/bad teamate that TO is.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fink, i dont care what stats you put out there. ive watched enough of both of them play and i would take chambers by a mile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 01-20-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why TO >>> Moss.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the vikes were contending, moss wanted to win as much as anyone. the whole "i play when i want to play" thing was blown way out of proportion and overall moss isnt half the distraction/bad teamate that TO is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss is a different player now. His loss of speed and the league catching up to him make it near impossible for him to ever go back to that guy in Minnesota.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:23 AM

nlsoldier, he tried a lot more with the vikes. you must not have seen him much this season. he gave up by week 4. i cant count how many catchable balls he didnt even stick his arms out for. hes pathetic.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:46 AM

please please let randy moss and TO both go to the same team. that would be simply amazing to watch unfold.