FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: WARNING

[ QUOTE ]
Sent : Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:57 PM
To : kenawitten@hotmail.com
Subject : RE: sorry bastard

[/ QUOTE ]

Tex if that's your real email, I suggest you change it. hotmail is very hackable.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Warning

Tex,
Since you seem intent on chopping in the future, email PS and ask them specifically if chat agreements are binding. (In spite of of what the response email said, ask again.) Then ask them to suggest what exact what language you should use to ensure a binding agreement. Attempt to place the burden on them.

DY
Old 12-21-2006, 03:14 PM

This could have been blatant cheating on a deal and it could also have been ignorance.

I had only been playing SnGs a couple of months and was HU at a $22 when the guy asked if I wanted to chop. I had never done it before, didn't even think it could be done in an SnG, and even if it could, I thought it was rather stupid to do it for such small stakes, but I agreed just to see how it worked.

We sat out and he contacted support. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. I distinctly remember how disconcerting it was to watch all those chips flying back and forth across the table, and it took me several hands to realize what was happening.

Support finally came in chat, we went through everything, then he said to finish the game. The other guy said to just go all-in every hand until it was over. I did. He won. Then Stars fixed it.

If it was the first time the guy ever chopped, then he may well have been confused by what was going on, thought he was somehow getting screwed, then clicked back in. Or he could have been a complete jerk and suckered you both, which begs the question--how could he have known that both of you would be on a single monitor and overlaying your e-mail on top of the table? Even I wasn't that dumb. I watched that table like a hawk.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If it was the first time the guy ever chopped, then he may well have been confused by what was going on, thought he was somehow getting screwed, then clicked back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point imo.
I too would always watch the table closely because I was pretty paranoid in the deal-making process that I was somehow going to get screwed. And I had no idea how it worked at first.

So it's worth considering.

But, he didn't respond to any of the chat after that.
If it was really an innocent mistake I think he would have said, "Sorry, I thought you were messing with me" or something like that.

Maybe the cussing-out stuff happened after it was already over and he had left the table though. That's not quite clear.

Stars should consider giving everyone a 'table-freeze to discuss a deal' check-box.

If everyone checks it then you don't have to get all freakng-out watching the blinds get passed back and forth.

Stars I think should also have automated deal-making type stuff.
I think Party got that at some point.

In the very least, if it's going to be an EVEN 3 or 4-way chop then have something in place where THAT can be automated.
And if it's anything that isn't an evenly distributed chop then you have to wait for support.

This is the 21st century and were on computers.
A simple chop shouldn't require manual labor and support.

It's nice that Stars goes through all the effort to show up at your table and see it through (and usually fairly quickly).
But it just seems so unnecessary and more complicated than it needs to be.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Warning

1) You're retarded for not watching the table when you went to write your email. You don't know your opponents, so why would you trust them to act honourably?

2) Your opponent was an angle-shooting scumbag. It's obvious that he planned this all along. The fact that he waited 8 hands before rejoining the game and stealing your blinds makes it obvious that he knew what he was doing. He wouldn't have sat out if he didn't know what was going on.

3) Stars needs to put a stop to this sort of thing or they need to stop allowing people to chop SNG's.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TEX7 EVERYONE HIT SET OUT
TEX7 YALL IN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but this just made me laugh.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TEX7 EVERYONE HIT SET OUT
TEX7 YALL IN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-21-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hotmail is very hackable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a more serious allegation than OP's. Proof please. And by proof I mean I give you a hotmail account and you hack it.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:19 PM

Maybe three years ago it was "very hackable."

As far as I know you still can't get hacked really unless you get sent an e-mail and open a link in it.

Unless someone has a LOT of time on their hand and OP is rich or something..... notgunnahappen
Old 12-21-2006, 04:21 PM

Normally I don't like thread hijacks but this is actually more compelling than OP's original topic, which is so ridiculous.