Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of your Magic Bullet?
Worth the $$ 33 60.00%
Collecting dust in the attic 22 40.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Lebron James - Best Player in NFL

wow I'm not sure if I've ever disagreed with so many points in one post [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys realize he was a prodigy football player in high school?

If football was his focus, he would be in the NFL easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Allen Iverson was also a prodigy football player in high school. His game wouldn't translate either.

Aside from that, it was a long time ago, and he's probably sprouted a few inches. He's probably too tall to feasibly play the position.

[/ QUOTE ]

He prolyl wouldn't be as good as he is at basketball. But Iverson (in his prime) could definately return kicks in the nfl, and be very good at it. He also definately had the skills to possibly develop into a good corner. Just because he is better at basketball doens't mean his skills didn't translate.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:52 PM

you don't think lebron could RE-learn how to block in a couple of years? Well forget what you think, I'll tell you the answer

all things considered, AT WORST lebron would be a solid number 2 reciever on an average team..... most likely much better, but for the sake of argument all you people saying he couldn't make it in the NFL are ridiculous
Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 PM

also wouldn't he be sick at blocking field goals?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be really curious to see 40 times for NBA players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely unsubstantiated hearsay, but I once read some time ago that Clyde Drexler ran a 4.3 40. So, presumably the top NBA athletes could train themselves to have the speed necessary to be a WR.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:08 AM

Does this mean you think Chad Johnson and TO could go in and dominate in an NBA game?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean you think Chad Johnson and TO could go in and dominate in an NBA game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv.

Actually I've heard several NFL players are very good at basketball but not to the pro level. This discussion is retarded. It was like someone telling me how great soccer goalies NBA players would make despite the fact I think even with training many of them would just get raped.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, they'd probably play basketball if they could. LeBron and others like him tend to choose basketball, even if they'd be good at football - it is a much more sound financial decision.

So, I think this is a fair question. Impossible to answer, but fair.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He wouldnt even get off the line of scrimmage if he entered the NFL as a wideout right now. It's retarded to make this thread/poll if you aren't going to include an option that says "no [censored] way"

[/ QUOTE ]

as dumb as the OP was, the bolded part here is even dumber. No corner in the history of the NFL would be able to jam Lebron at the line of scrimmage, ever. He's big and physical with great lateral quickness and an incredibly explosive first step.

Lebron could probably be limited to 5-10 plays his first game and slowly develop into an every down player over the course of a year or two. I imagine he'd end up being a great run blocker and borderline pro-bowler as receiver.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

as dumb as the OP was, the bolded part here is even dumber. No corner in the history of the NFL would be able to jam Lebron at the line of scrimmage, ever. He's big and physical with great lateral quickness and an incredibly explosive first step.

Lebron could probably be limited to 5-10 plays his first game and slowly develop into an every down player over the course of a year or two. I imagine he'd end up being a great run blocker and borderline pro-bowler as receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense but you have no idea what youre talking about. To give an extreme example, give Yao Ming Lebron speed (and lateral quickness) and he would still get jammed up, even though he is big and physical. Leverage is huge in football. And im talking about if he entered the NFL right now with what he knows right now. Sure if he has spent his life playing football and commited to football he would have a very good chance, but people saying that he could step in right now and dominate the NFL are out of their [censored] minds.