Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Im thinking i played the right??

Had I really not responded yet? I guess I was too busy deciding whether I should send Vito over to discuss posting etiquette with a couple of you monkeys....

Honestly, I think Jordie played this one about right. For the third street action, the bring-in ought to have Aces. I'm not saying he has to have Aces, but he "should." A King raised up front and got a caller. He might raise with a three-flush, but there are a couple of diamonds showing and Jordie can account for a couple more, so we can discount that possibility significantly. He could be rolled, but there's a Trey out, so that's somewhat unlikely. He could have the other two Kings down. He could have some other pair in the hole and be oblivious towards what Jordie might have. Or he could just be gamb001ing. Really, I think Aces are likely enough that Jordie should operate on the assumption that he has them until he gets some contrary evidence.

It is true that you'd like the third player out of the pot. He really only hurts you, however, when you outrun the bring-in and the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes a hand that beats both of you. This changes if you think that there's a good chance that Jordie has the best hand, but I think that it's most likely that he's behind. So rather than try to raise the third man out, I think that calling and seeing what develops is probably the right line.

On fifth, it looks like we've taken the lead, so that's an obvious bet, as is sixth. There may be some value in betting the river, but I think the check is OK.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:50 AM

One of the interesting items about this hand was the 3rd street R by seat 6. I would have called here, because of position, and take the high probability of Aces out of the equation. Any thoughts?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:03 AM

In addition, how about the call by player 8 on 4th. Assume he has either 9s or the 3 flush and was a new player. If you had to quickly write something in his "player notes" area, What would it be?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is true that you'd like the third player out of the pot. He really only hurts you, however, when you outrun the bring-in and the 9 makes a hand that beats both of you

[/ QUOTE ]Right, but isn't that huge? The whole reason we're continuing here is because we'll KNOW when we have the best hand against the bring in- but with the third player in we can get our kings up and still not be certain that we're good.