Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Real World DENVER : Premiere

Have you guys seen the commercial for the new Bad Girls or whatever the hell show from the producers of Real World? It's on Oxygen (scary), but it looks like it could be entertaining for those who like megadramabomb catfights and whatnot.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:30 PM

Real World happens to be on right now. I think it's the second episode. Anyway, I love this, as whoever these two people are (Alex & Jenn?) are laying in bed: "Let's make a pact right now." "Ok." "We're both not going to hook up with other people tomorrow." "Ok."
Old 12-02-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Real World happens to be on right now. I think it's the second episode. Anyway, I love this, as whoever these two people are (Alex & Jenn?) are laying in bed: "Let's make a pact right now." "Ok." "We're both not going to hook up with other people tomorrow." "Ok."

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be ALex and Colie.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be ALex and Colie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh he did get her again, too? This show has huge potential. Also, for some reason I was thinking the black-haired girl is Colie, but Colie's the one who looks like Jody from one of the older shows. What's the black-haired girl's name?
Old 12-02-2006, 05:49 PM

rob and big is great, it wont run out of material, just watch the episodes.

im pretty sad meaty didnt learn to skate though. and the last episode was the best, where big went to the fine ass nutritionist.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:54 PM

Black hair is Brooke...
Old 12-02-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think rob and big are just 2 random idiots, but maybe i'm missing the point somehow. At least the real world has hot chicks and gangsta vs. gay fights

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a bit of charm & heart there thats what makes it enjoyable.

plus considering they're best friends and basically polar opposites makes for funny exchanges
Old 12-02-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one growing trend with RR that has seemed to make it really WEAK lately is the trend of the anti-social nature of the housemates...

not with each other, but with the outside world. Remember the first 1/2 of real worlds where people would go out and seek friendships and relationships with locals rather than limiting their interaction to 6 other people.

if they had more outside friends I think the show would make for more interesting television.

and that scene in the premiere in the bar, it was like the 7 of them by themselves dancing like gay people and not talking to anyone else, it seemed almost staged or something

[/ QUOTE ]
If you've ever lived in the city they're in while they're filming, you'd understand what drives this. I lived in San Diego when they were filming there and now I live in Denver. People are just stupid when it comes to interacting with the Real World cast. They either want to fight them, [censored] them, or they make it their life's goal to get into the hot tub. And that's without mentioning the idiots who just want to do stupid [censored] and get on tv. It's to the point where they really can't have any interaction with the general public because the general public is so unruly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a cop-out. The nature of the cast is the issue I guess, they all have extroverted facades but when it comes down to it, they don't really seem to know what builds or maintains long lasting relationships...

even as recent as Seattle were there lots of out of house socializing going on...
Old 12-02-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think rob and big are just 2 random idiots, but maybe i'm missing the point somehow. At least the real world has hot chicks and gangsta vs. gay fights

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a bit of charm & heart there thats what makes it enjoyable.

plus considering they're best friends and basically polar opposites makes for funny exchanges

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

when i first saw the show, i thought it was cool but nothing special. but the characters are very likable and their friendship is fun too watch so the more episodes i watch the better it gets.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:24 PM

PDPG,

Me too!