Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 06:27 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP on ESPN thread (10/24) (1K NL and 50K HORSE)

i think friedberg played well given his descriptions, except 88 seems like an easy 4-bet all in there
Old 10-27-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
John Gale makes me sick. His demeanor resembles that of a B&M donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he comes across with a lot of class. He may resemble donk to you but you aren't saying he is one are you?

I guess anyone can go to Hendon Mob to get his cashes (well except me since corporate has it blocked). But IIRC he won a WPT event, came in 2nd at a WSOP event 2005 and then of course won this one.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

4. My 55 vs. Mike Pomeroy's Q3 -- This was one of the best traps ever executed on poker TV

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2006, 11:19 AM

Pomeroy is the worst player i have ever seen on TV.
I think even Nobles and Tiffany Williamson are better, cause at least they are agressive.
This guy is a horrible dumb moronic calling station.
When he is agressive it's in a terrible spots, like his semibluff with nut FD vs Phan, with no side pot (and he didn't even let Phan to complete the bet) and 3betting A9/stacking off w second pair.

Tournament poker is a joke.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:59 AM

This $2500 PL event is showing up as the HORSE event in my DVR guide listing, and has been for the past week. Talk about confusing. It is listed as "2006 HORSE final table from Las Vegas, combining Hold'em, Omaha, Razz, Seven-card Stud and Eight-or-better (Stud Hi/Lo)."

So somebody turns it on and sees PL Holdem being played. Then next week, if ESPN airs the real HORSE final table, they will tune in and see people playing only NL Holdem. Brilliant.

Not to mention the fact that the HORSE event had an unbelievable final table lineup capped off by an epic headsup battle, very little of which we may ever see. Thanks ESPN for taking the poker out of the WSOP and presenting me with endless donkographies.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 PM

Zing, a few questions...

1) I'm a PL n00b and want to learn something. They showed the two all-in dark hands, but I have a hard time believing that your standard pot-limit play is to just maximize your folding equity as soon as possible. It would have been really great for them to show a skillfully-played PL hand that contrasted (and maybe set up) the all-in dark plays. Do you have an example of a hand where someone set up a flop or turn pot-sized bet with a smallish raise on the previous street?

2) Exactly how tight were you playing? We saw almost none of you save for one early all-in and heads-up play.