Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Biggest Poker Game at Your School

[ QUOTE ]
Chav,

Finals Club games were never that big, from what I hear. They usually played in the $20 buy-in range. Any finals club kids who ever played in our game seemed like they were the "elite" of those games and often seemed like they were playing really tight-weak because they were not comfortable with the stakes (which is perhaps ironic...)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to imply that it was likely you'd find one at a finals club, only that if there was one, that would be where I would look first, and probably still fail. You're right though, the finals club players who played the big game were, by and large awful.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:37 PM

I find it hilarious that finals club guys were intimidated by the stakes, heh

anyway if you do get a game together let me know, I'm going back to school in a couple weeks and I'm planning on staying there next summer (also probably in the porter area)
Old 08-29-2006, 10:32 AM

University of North Dakota...

25-50c NL or 10-25c NL is standard although in the dorm my freshman year we did a TON of random gambling IE rollin 6-5-4 dice for $20 bucks a roll and betting on sports and what not and we played a lot of $10-$50 tourneys and occasionally did some 25-50c NL $100 max buy in ... i personally have not played higher than that but i am not a balla like most of ya'll

~Kasey
Old 08-29-2006, 01:19 PM

game at my school with 2 .25 blinds. $5 buy in "Strongly encouraged" (IE, I tried buying in for $25 and got [censored] for it, and was told $5 "is enough for this game")

w/e I learn short stacking very cheaply
Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM

Theres a 100nl game floating around. It usually runs whenever I have a big test etc the next day.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:14 PM

Haha a couple of nights ago some of my friends wanted to play a $20 dollar tourney with like 9 guys. I convinced everybody we should play nl, .25/.50 blinds. A couple of people I don't know come in and buy for 5 bux, and some for 10, to give you an idea of how dumb they were. Heres a gem:

Hero in SB: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG raises 1.5 more to 2 dollars, many folds, CO calls and I call, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets 2, UTG raises to 10 (lol) CO pushes for like 15. Hero tanks, realizes how stupid it is to tank in a game like this, overcalls all in. UTG looks at me with curiousity in his eyes, then says "How can I have the worst hand here?" Calls his all in. I have both covered.

UTG has AQo, no diamond. CO has KK, no diamond.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River: Doesn't matter.

Why do I play LHE anyway? NL is easy.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:28 PM

There used to be a weekly $10 tourney with 15-20 people at UW Oshkosh, but once the administration found out, they punished all the students involved. Since I live off campus and have a poker game of my own, they banned me from the dorms for a year. Douchebags.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:03 AM

$20 Rebuy MTTs, occasional $50-100 MTT, occasional NL200 action, but the side action of betting on flop colors and flipping coins for $100 to 4-figure ranges usually take the high stakes crown here at Umass
Old 09-01-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha a couple of nights ago some of my friends wanted to play a $20 dollar tourney with like 9 guys. I convinced everybody we should play nl, .25/.50 blinds. A couple of people I don't know come in and buy for 5 bux, and some for 10, to give you an idea of how dumb they were. Heres a gem:

Hero in SB: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG raises 1.5 more to 2 dollars, many folds, CO calls and I call, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets 2, UTG raises to 10 (lol) CO pushes for like 15. Hero tanks, realizes how stupid it is to tank in a game like this, overcalls all in. UTG looks at me with curiousity in his eyes, then says "How can I have the worst hand here?" Calls his all in. I have both covered.

UTG has AQo, no diamond. CO has KK, no diamond.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River: Doesn't matter.

Why do I play LHE anyway? NL is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's so funny/interesting about this hand, other than an overplay of TPTK?
Old 09-01-2006, 04:30 PM

Info on Upenn games? Or excursions elseware? PM me thanks.