Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 AM

Default Re: *Official* FT Sweat: TheUsher @ $5000 Pot Limit HE

Thanks Pineapple, love the recap.

Congratulations Alan!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK everyone I'm back for a little while before heading to the after-party at the Rhino.

Mostly what I will say at this point is two things:

1.) Alan played amazingly awesome poker.

2.) It was incredibly fun to be there.

The tone was set immediately when the M.C. introduced the players. The first few got polite applause plus a smattering of cheers.

Then Alan got a HUGE ovation with mulitple shouts of "SHIP IT!!!!!" from 20 or so shipithollas and 2+2 crew. The ENTIRE room looks over to see what's going on and why all these young guys in custom-made "shipitholla" baseball caps are making so much noise. It's only the introductions but the tone has been set.

With the exception of a couple of slow stretches, there was lots of action, and some gut-wrenching boards where the dog would hit on the flop and his opponent would redraw on the turn or river.

Plus the still photographer came over to get pictures of our crazy group, and a cardplayer reporter interviewed good2cu about us.

By the end Alan's cheering section was well over 30 strong and louder than ever. Dinner was a murderer's row of STTF stars, current and former.

The second place finish right after dinner was a bit of a letdown but it was a spectacular run and an amazing experience for everyone involved.

Ship. It. Holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice recap Pineapple, and it was a truly awesome thing to see, regardless of the final outcome. Loads of 2ers and STTFers in the room rocking first the bleachers and then the floor. I was most impressed by the one sided cheering section.

It was fantastic meeting Alan and all of you. Stand up performance by Alan, very, very, very impressive.

Well Shipped. More to come from Alan, no doubt.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 AM

I'm sorry to be immature, but his name is Alan Sass?!

Like Alan's ass? That's awesome.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:46 PM

After watching a ton of final tables last year and a few this year, I have to say from an objective standpoint the atmosphere there was far more scintillating than anything I've seen there in a non-TV event. It made it even better for me to be there and watch the guy who handed me ass in about 10 minutes at HUC-II play well, catch cards, and basically show off what a badass he can be.

Congrats Allen. Continue shipping it.