Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Getting a friend to smoke weed

[ QUOTE ]
to say that this statement is ridiculous is so offensive. Do you think that Rosa Parks should have sat at the back of the bus?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a terrible analogy. Segregation laws were in a class unto themselves. They violated basic human rights.

I think marijuana should probably be legal. That doesn't change the fact that it's just a recreational drug, no more - no less. Breaking the law to protest wanting to make something you enjoy legal is stupid. Breaking the law to defend basic God-given rights is not. See the difference?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm playing Russian Roulette would you say I should fire a second time because I already survived the first risk?

The fact that alcohol is not a problem for me is irrelevant to the decision of whether or not to smoke weed. Also, isn't pot expensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

its all relative. The fact is, the government/media(god I sound like such a conspiracy theory nut) wants you to believe that pot is a"gateway" drug. Its really not. IMO, those who smoke pot and go on to a lot of other stuff probably would've regardless of whether or not they ever puffed in the first place. You most likely won't get high the first time, and maybe even the second time. Granted you have never done and you don't know what you are missing(so begets the saying of since I don't know what I'm missing so it doesn't matter anyway). Its really up to you in the end. IMO as long as you are smoking good stuff and are with people that you enjoy being around, I say give it a shot and have fun with it. When/if you decide to smoke, it should always be on your own terms. I highly doubt that you will go onto buying lbs of it after getting high a few times, and if you do go onto that level, then there are deeper problems then the drug itself
Old 05-22-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums it up for me, I think any risk of it affecting my life negatively is not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever little or no affect booze has on you is far greater then what the weed would.

If you took this "risk" with a beer you could do the same with weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm playing Russian Roulette would you say I should fire a second time because I already survived the first risk?

The fact that alcohol is not a problem for me is irrelevant to the decision of whether or not to smoke weed. Also, isn't pot expensive?

[/ QUOTE ]
How can you evaluate the risk/reward ratio of weed when you've never experienced it?

Pot is not that expensive unless you're an every day smoker.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:29 PM

Justin, try it a couple times. For me, the fun of $50 weed is >>>>>>>>>> than $50 alcohol. Just make sure to do it when you're in a good mood, with people you actually like.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't smoke because I don't want to. If I never try it, I'll never know what I'm missing, so it doesn't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a bad argument. i could come up with an analogy but there are too many.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:47 PM

Definitely try it, but don't try to watch Wizard of Oz and listen to Pink Floyd or whatever. Trying to "trip out" or whatever on just weed will be quite disappointing.

For a guaranteed good time, pick a movie like Super Troopers, Friday, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, etc, and watch it high off your ass with some buddies who have a similar sense of humour.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just make sure to do it when you're in a good mood, with people you actually like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worth repeating.