Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Preliminary Kill Phil Comments

Books are expected back from the printers on January 12.

As for the strategy cards:
We caught an oversight in the Advanced Post-flop strategy cards and had to recall them. They're now back at the printers. ETA now about 10 days to 2 weeks.

Blair and I know that you're all eagerly awaiting these and that there are partial versions appearing around (including here). Let me tell you that it's not been easy to get these in perfect form, but we've now (I think) accomplished that goal. We would greatly appreciate it if you would refrain from making additional cards. Blair, Kim Lee, and I have worked very hard on making these perfect and extremely easy to use and understand.

We thank you all for your patience. The set including all levels and post-flop strategies on individual cards will sell for somewhere between $10-$15.

Regards,

Lee Nelson
Old 01-09-2006, 07:36 PM

Great news. Looking forward to reading the book. My copy is on order. I hope the morons at Borders don't screw up my order.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 PM

does anyone know when it is being released in UK LONDON???
Old 01-09-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason,

I work in a BN and am friends with the guy who's department includes the poker books. I've been passing your reviews on to him, and we've been upping the model (amount kept on hand) of books you give good reviews to.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a spirit of total selfishness, could I request you repair the damage you are doing and get him to start stocking all the crap poker books.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it will be fun to jump into some tournaments and at least feel like I have some sort of game-plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wanted to play more SNGs myself and this is exactly what it does, starts you off with a game plan so that you can at least hold your own. I got the book on Friday and I feel much more confident playing SNGs now. I played 13 SNGs over the weekend and finished ITM on 6 of them, including 2 wins. I also played in four 45 person tourneys and took 1st, 4th, 9th and 13th. I'd say that's not too bad for almost zero tourney experience.

Tourneys are alot of fun and I'm anxious to get more experience under my belt.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:20 AM

Lee,

What would be the best way to get a "jump" on the second printing?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know when it is being released in UK LONDON???

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just ordered mine from gamblingbooks.co.uk for £19.95+pp. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2006, 06:08 AM

You can get it from High Stakes Bookshop although you'll have to get them to order them. I picked mine up yesterday and they were flying out of the door.

They have a website here
Old 01-10-2006, 06:37 AM

I think ordering it through this website will be as fast as any other vehicle for obtaining the second printing of KP. It's identical to the first printing with the exception of mending a few minor errata.

Regards,

Lee
Old 01-10-2006, 04:28 PM

I tried KP 'basic online strategy' for the first time last night, played 5 Party $10/1 SNGs. I have the book, but used the chart mentioned in other thread. Those authors really need to get those chart cards out. For me, charts are essential for something that considers 10 hand groups, 4 stack sizes, my positions, positions of raisers/limpers, etc. I'm sure it'll be eventually be 2nd nature, but it's going to take awhile. Seems like some full page charts should have been included in the book, not just a list of 'if this - do that' instructions.

Anyhow, after playing HOH-style to the best of my limited ability for a while now, playing this KP strategy felt super strange! I felt like a madman, driving the wrong way on the freeway! But nobody said a word. I was actually looking forward to the verbal abuse, so a bit disappointed there. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I messed up the first SNG, going all-in with TT from MP, when I should have folded with my current stack size. Funny enough, I got called by button with 77! He hit his set, and busted me. Out of the other 4 SNGs, I went out 3rd in two of them.

Anyhow, lots of fun! Not sure where I'll stand with regard to KP and HOH when I'm done studying both, but I'm sure I'll be a better player.

Pasta