Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Coin Flip: Heads You\'re a Racist and Tails You\'re a Bigot

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it affected me greatly.

Tuesday is my lunch at Wendy's day which is named "Tuesday's lunch at Wendy's day" Anyways it turns out that my town's protest was going to shut down the street leading to Wendy's thus preventing me from going.

But I decided I was not going to let the terrorists win. I would not let my fear of a country without illegals stop me from going about my daily activities. No this was one American who would fight for his right to a double stack, fries and Coke.

So I went the local bus renting store and rented a big green bus. Green being the color of the National Immigration Service of course. Then just as the parade was really getting going, right around lunch time. I got in the bus and drove right at the protestors. At first they looked confused, but then suddenly a woman shouted. Something Hispanic, perhaps "it's the man" "it's the man" (or do only black people use that term?) Whatever it was the effects were immediate. The people scattered, what had to be hundreds quickly piled into 3 or 4 cars and left. Protest over and I am happy to report I had my lunch as planned.

Score one for the good guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Censored,
Please post in politics more often.

Regards,

--jman220.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this like suppose to be funny? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you have a sense of humor.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Re: How were you affected by “a day without immigrants”?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know a few who have been hit by people from Montana with no insurance, what about them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, there are only a few people IN Montana. They can't all be running into your friends in New Mexico. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

New Mexico...cleaner than regular Mexico! (I need to get that t-shirt.) FWIW, New Mexico has one of the highest uninsured motorist percentages in the fifty states. They can't all be illegal immigrants. I wonder if those dudes from Montana were illegal immigrants from Canada?

For some reason, things didn't seem that different in Albuquerque on May 1st. Rush hour traffic was noticeably better though....but that could be variance. There weren't any big protests downtown like there were in April. Nobody took the day off where I work. They probably had something going on at the Hispanic Cultural Center, but I have no idea what.

I am looking forward to Cinco de Mayo though.

ScottieK
Old 05-03-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, not in a ROFL way but more in a hehe way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was just surprised, I have read intelligent humor from you in OOT and this piece was like just plain flat humor.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was just surprised, I have read intelligent humor from you in OOT and this piece was like just plain flat humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you were being totally objective and your background had nothing to do with how you felt about the piece. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2006, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you were being totally objective and your background had nothing to do with how you felt about the piece. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was funny, plus it kinda reminded me of that video of the guy dropping off a truckload of day workers at INS.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:13 PM

Traffic was lighter.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:08 PM

Well after a long day I got home and my goddamn wife hadn't made us any dinner yet but I was starving to death so I drove down to your favorite taqueria (which is a block down the street) and as I ruminated on peak oil and global warming and what I could possible do about it I parked my car (with my house still in sight to be honest) only to see that those f&&king lazy immigrants had closed up shop and there I was, hungry, pissed off and drunk with no freaking burritos in sight.

I tell you, I'm ready to ship all those bastards back to Shanghai they can rot in hell for what they did. THE TAQUERIA WAS CLOSED I TELL YOU!

natedogg
Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 PM

I live in Davis, right outside Sacramento where huge protests were going on. I actually forgot it was happening until I saw this thread so I guess it didn't affect me much at all.