Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEX W/SOCKS ON????
YES 148 61.92%
NO 91 38.08%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers: Special Fraud Edition

[ QUOTE ]
and the second account gained its money from the same person over their first three sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the fact that eric claimed to have no recollection of how he made his money in the 2nd account, pretty much confirmed his guilt for me. He could deny this happened. But to claim to not remember it is ludicrous
Old 12-08-2006, 05:28 AM

So can we put this one to bed or is eric coming back with a rebuttle? ....and then insta-editing it.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:27 PM

Good post Tachyon, as always:

[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions:

1) Send clear information about what the player has done. Don't tell them with the first email that you send that the matter is closed without recourse. This makes you look really [censored] stupid when the site later backs down after making a mistake.

2) Give the player opportunity to appeal the initial decision, regardless of how clear cut it might be. The appeal should be reviewed by someone who was not involved in the original review in any way to ensure an unbiased re-evaluation. I am sure that you don't make these decisions without a 2nd opinion initially, but yet still mistakes happen. Another review also protects FTP against internal fraud from employees that might just want to steal a players money... or something like that anyway.

3) Even after a player has had their appeal turned down, tell them that they have exhausted the channels with FTP but give them a way to take their complaint further. i.e. The gaming commission.

John

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew you deserved the benefit of the doubt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Regarding the modifications to the security investigations, they look excellent.

I do have one question though.

A lot of people have been getting into trouble on multiple sites, including FTP, where they make a money transfer to a player, and their account is closed.

In many cases the investigation found it was pretty far removed from them and their account was turned back on, but do you have any comments regarding this issue other than never make a transfer to another player?

Which isn't really practical for a lot of high stakes players.

I know you can't comment on other sites, I am looking more for your opinion regarding FT and this type of sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, in order to secure fraudulent funds, poker sites are required to act as fast as possible to ensure that funds are not moved off of the site. This requires suspending any players who appear to be affiliated with a fraudulent player until the accounts have been proven clean.

We wish there was a better way, but this is a case where a bad apple makes it difficult for all of us. We certainly don’t enjoy causing our legitimate players grief or undue inconveniences and do work as quickly as possible to resolve our players’ investigations.

The poker community has spoken and we’ve listened. We hope our new policies and procedures will help minimize the time our players are inconvenienced while we track down the bad guys.

On a positive note, we perform the same process when a person’s account is compromised due to their own actions (hoax site, keylogger, etc). We have recovered a large portion of players’ funds that would have otherwise been lost if we had not taken swift action and suspended associated accounts pending an investigation.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:37 AM

that's really awesome and is a factor I had kind of forgot about while we were going back and forth on all this Eric and 'what if I'm falsely accused?' hoopla.

Of course, the fraud-dept needs to communicate with that player and let them know that their account has been closed for security-reasons...and may have been compromised...they just want to be safe...etc etc. Something like that I guess.

But you guys have already mentioned that you are going to improve your communication with the players in such areas so that's all good.

Have you guys in the fraud-dept been reading the 'UB stole $20k from me' thread? It's interesting stuff and contains some of the same types of mis-communication issues that many of us were concerned about with FT.