Default Re: HD Service Worth it?

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. BTW, here's the list of HD locals on DirecTV:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=65321
Old 05-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Dumb question. I have digital cable, and will be getting a new TV soon. If I turn my current tv to HD channels they come in with bars in the sides or with a picture much smaller than the screen. When I get a new HDTV, is it automatic that these channels will come in in HD or is it possible that comcast has setup some sort of preview deal and I'll have to pay extra later to actually get the HD channels properly?

I got digital cable with a bunch of extra channels so that I could get soccer games and I had assumed that the channels will be in HD on an HDTV before reading that people pay extra just for HD. I think they probably came with the extra channels I got and hope I don't have to pay even more to somehow activate it even though I can see them on my normal tv.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM

If you get anything on the HD channels, you must be paying for them, and your box must be downconverting them if they're displaying at all on your tv. If that's the case, then you'll be fine with the new HDTV. It will require changing the settings on your box and/or changing the cables (if you aren't already using component cables).
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 PM

I don't know about your digital cable but mine that was previous TW and is now Comcast has the 800 level channels as the HD channels. Like you still get the standard version of a lot of channels in the lower brackets but the HD channels of which I get: ABC, CBS, NBC, HBO, HBOW, ST, iNHD1, ESPN, ESPN2, MTVHD, Universal HD, National Geographic HD, Golf HD/Versus HD, and a couple other HD networks (FSNHD).