Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide.

I think the part that unnerves people is the potential there for a private military and or private military police service patrolling the world, unchecked by anyone. Maybe that's not what they are now, but i think i read somewhere in this thread about blackwater tanks and aircraft and such? If so, seems like there is a lot there to really be concerned about. see, to me, you're saying "i like the idea of a private super military, with soldiers who receive training second to none in the world, with a structure such that no one at the company can be held liable for worker malfeasance, with IMMUNITY granted by the US, running wild with billions of $$$$$ all around the world" maybe im hearing you wrong but...

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! It is frightening.

Here is the link to Blackwater homepage. Bear in mind that the CIA/FBI may be monitoring your internet access and this company is, besides an enrichment vehicle for its executives/shareholders and operatives, truly, a terrorist organization in some of its activities. You may have some explaining to do as to why you accessed this site.

Shame on you Blackwater.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do u feel that aljazeera is less reputable than western sources? Seems very ethnocentric.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]
examples? or was your opinion formed for u?

[/ QUOTE ]

US Nukes Syria

Thats a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u read this? all it says is "yes we bombed them, sorry turkey, we used ur air." totally invalid information
Old 11-04-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do u feel that aljazeera is less reputable than western sources? Seems very ethnocentric.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]
examples? or was your opinion formed for u?

[/ QUOTE ]

US Nukes Syria

Thats a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u read this? all it says is "yes we bombed them, sorry turkey, we used ur air." totally invalid information

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say that article isn't filled with false information, I don't think "Tactical Nuclear Strike" means what you think it means.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:50 AM

first of all, the link is to the jerusalem post, or maybe u didn't notice. second, it says "aljazeera said.....tactcal nuclear weapons strike.....us bombers...." then it says "Israel apologizes for using turkish airspace" and that a nuclear facility is now gone... it never says there were no nukes, it just says "yes, there was a bombing" maybe im the dumb one here but...
Old 11-04-2007, 06:52 AM

romdom, what?

It says the US bombed Syria with tactical nukes.

Why is the credibility of Al-Jazeera even in debate? The only people who think its credible are muslims. No one else was brainwashed to think it was credible, so no one else does.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:54 AM

you are so brainwashed, you don't know you're brainwashed.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:57 AM

we have been conditioned to find aljazeera untrustworthy, certainly as much as they have been conditioned to accept it. And if you don't think it takes brainwashing to buy into foxnews, i fail to see the difference
Old 11-04-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all, the link is to the jerusalem post, or maybe u didn't notice. second, it says "aljazeera said.....tactcal nuclear weapons strike.....us bombers...." then it says "Israel apologizes for using turkish airspace" and that a nuclear facility is now gone... it never says there were no nukes, it just says "yes, there was a bombing" maybe im the dumb one here but...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Al Jazeera says "Israel performed a tactical nuclear strike.

Telling people that Israel is using nuclear weapons when they aren't is extremely serious. Its not a simple mistake, like saying they used a different type of plane or something.

Think of it this way. Imagine what would happen if the US found Bin Laden (LOL) in Pakistan and dropped a few bombs on his head, and CNN reports "US Nukes Pakistan". That wouldn't strike you as purposeful deceit rather than a simple misunderstanding?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:59 AM

but all im saying is the article you've provided doesn't say what ur claiming it does. Where does it say no tactical nuclear weapons were used? read it carefully.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:10 AM

Anyone bashing Blackwater employees for being "trigger-happy", "mercenary", or "indifferent to human life" is basically retarded.

THOSE ARE GOOD TRAITS IN AN ACTIVE COMBAT ZONE. Good! Not bad!

If you were in Iraq, would you want a bodyguard who (1) shot first, asked questions later; or (2) consulted the Geneva convention before turning off his safety?