Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: SICK HU Between Rugby and Farha!

sick
Old 06-07-2007, 06:52 PM

Go Brian! The blog for this series of HU matches is going to be awesome. I wonder what the biggest NL or PL pots ever played live have been?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 PM

Day 3 of Sammy vs. Brian Zimba reporting...

Day 3 of the HU PLO and NLH series between Sammy Farha and Brian Townsend began at Bobby's room at the Bellagio about 1:30pm Pacific. Stakes remained the same from previous days at 500/1k. More sessions are planned this week. On site reporters haven't been allowedto give more detailed reports, so I will use Brian's blog to make occasional updates when i'm text messaged.

2 pm - Brian is off to a quick start and up 200k in the first 30 minutes.

2:55 pm - Brian continuing his good play and up 370k.

3:30 pm - Brian up 500k.

3:35 pm - Brian up 600k.

4:05 pm - Brian up 760k, Sammy has bust through what he brought and more, Sammy is considering getting more to continue play, but clearly frustrated.

Edited: 06/07/2007 at 11:25 PM by Brian
Old 06-07-2007, 07:59 PM

Wow this is really sick, seems like after the first two days where he was down 1.2 mil, he know has a significant edge over Sammy.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow this is really sick, seems like after the first two days where he was down 1.2 mil, he know has a significant edge over Sammy.

[/ QUOTE ]-

Yeah you are absolutely correct. Farha initially going down 800K was just a warm up, and Rugby's being up to what amounts to about 3.5 buy ins in a shorthand PLO/NLH game is demonstrating his incalcuable strong armed edge.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sammy is easily the most dangerous high stakes short handed PLO player in the world, and it's not even close. I have played with Sammy a lot and don't get me wrong, I like his action and enjoy playing with him but he is definitely not to be underestimated. Sammy is as familiar with high stakes PLO as anybody and as the stakes get higher, the stacks get deeper, and the field gets shorter, his edge grows. While I doubt Sammy could beat a 5/10 PLO ring game, he is extremely tough 2-4 handed for very high stakes, as he has no fear and endless money. Sammy will really put you to the test. Any pot you play with him can be all in and if you're not willing to stack off lightly he will just bulldozer you. In this matchup I think Sammy has a significant edge in PLO and obviously Brian has a significant edge in NLH. Brian should really try to get him to play straight NLH where he can be in control of things. will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for posting Daniel.

Just scanned over this thread and was astounded to see certain people give Sammy no respect. I in turn give them no respect for not doing any homework whatsoever.

Sammy is probably greatest hi stakes Omaha player of all time.

On Greenstein’s website, he has this to say about Farha’s Omaha skills: “He is so good that we only play Omaha with him in mixed-games with one or two other games added.”

Farha is releasing his Omaha book in Oct :

http://www.amazon.com/Farha-Omaha-St.../dp/1600780202

Sammy worked his way up the poker pro ranks from nothing. Started at the $0.50 tables.

Easily my favorite player. Fascinating to watch the man in action.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 PM

too bad he's a complete prick.

but yeah, fun to watch.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4:05 pm - Brian up 760k, Sammy has bust through what he brought and more, Sammy is considering getting more to continue play, but clearly frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

yesssssssssssssssss!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Do you guys think Aba's edge is greater in NLH than Sammy's in Omhie as HU you're statistical edge 2win at showdown is usually much closer in Omhie than Holdem?

Also, how much will the experience of Sammy's live reads count vs Brian?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 PM

I figured Townsend would pull out ahead. The thing what gives aba such an advantage over Farha IMO is that farha is willing to gamble too much, and shove lone nut flush draw and crap with no FE and other retarded risks. He is in it to gamble and to get lucky, while Aba is to push his small statistical edges that add up. Rugby has used many diff websites/programs to figure out different equity in diff situations, and knows when the money should go in in most if not all situations. Yes, Sammy has more experience with betting large sums of money, whether he has the nuts or on total air, but Brian will get used to it soon enough IMO. Farha will be lucky if he doesn't lose >$2m I'd say. Brian has probably been the most dedicated poker player in the past two years, constantly critiquing and studying his game. It's old skool vs new skool, and the internet creates much better players. Sammy can beat all the live degenerate old live pros, but wut about the internet young guns? Prob not... Definitely looking forward to this outcome. IMO Sammy's only edge is his wrecklessness and balls, but I'd say Aba's deliberation and thought process will trample all over that soon enough.