Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Re: What level has your band gotten to

I was the drummer in a 10 member horn band out of Duluth, MN called "Port Authority." We played blues and rock, lots of 70s covers, Lynard Skynard, Chicago, Van Morrison, etc.

We played the Bayfront Blues festival twice (10,000+ people). That was the largest gig. We also played lots of small town summer street dances. We toured around northern MN and WI for a couple years.

There was one bar in a little town called Aktinson, MN called the Elmwood Inn. The owner/bar tender and his son played the bass and drums and frequently asked to sit in for a set. So the bassist and I would have to tend bar. It was basically a free for all by that time and we didn't really know how to tend bar (never had done it before). Everyone was totally [censored]-faced. By the 4th set half the horn section couldn't even stand up.

Did lots of drugs, got laid some, it was the time of my life (1994-1995). I was 22 years old.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cap,

I was at that show with hudson falcons/two man advantage. I didn't remember two man right off the top of my head but I remembered the logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool....well - hey - better than remembering nothing I guess!
Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, my drummer for religious reasons cant play on friday nights/saturdays, hes jewish, do people think this is a huge issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

tell him to get a life or kick him out of the band. seriously that is f'n weak
Old 12-29-2006, 06:13 PM

i've been in a few different bands and did about as much as i was comfortable with - without getting a label deal. regionally toured with bands we liked - Unwritten Law, Goldfinger, Stroke 9, Zebrahead...was good times.

i'm in a band now - but it's just a side thing we do to write/record/play for our friends for fun. trying to do it as a career is more of a grind then most people think. on top of needing to be good and get lucky.