Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Re: 100r hand against Bax.

[ QUOTE ]

Secondly, at this point, I would expect villain to hve an ace, which means one time in three he's going to have the nut flush draw. Ideally, villain pushes the turn when I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

When bax bets only 1200 on the turn he has the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a lot more than 1 time in 3.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Secondly, at this point, I would expect villain to hve an ace, which means one time in three he's going to have the nut flush draw. Ideally, villain pushes the turn when I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

When bax bets only 1200 on the turn he has the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a lot more than 1 time in 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Bax, but, yes, I expect villain to have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] more often than not here. But as I know he did have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I thought that might be a little presumptuous.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:26 AM

When gobbo pointed me at this thread and asked me about this hand I instantly felt that Bax was attempting to define the price of his draw and should have been raised on the turn. I understand the reasoning gobbo had for playing the hand in the manner he did, but I still feel that Bax would have easily given up his whole stack here if the hand had been played more aggressively from the turn onward. I can definitely agree with gobbo's reasoning that he has a dry flush draw on the flop and wants to keep the pot small at that point however his flush is vulnerable to any spade hitting the board and I feel it should have been played more aggressively once gobbo made his flush. If Bax really does have the As in his hand versus a known LAG like gobbo he's not folding facing a turn raise to 4k and this sets up the river perfectly for getting all the chips in. Bax may even put a player like gobbo on a non-made hand on the turn and be willing to put them all in right there as a dog thinking that gobbo is merely floating with either a semibluff or air.