Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Incident in Jena,La.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice that you're so racist against white people

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold the phone.....I'm racist against white people because I didn't accept their versions of events, and postulated that it is possible the black youths were telling the truth?

Yikes.

Even assuming the story as told by the white assailant to be true, if he went to retrieve the weapon to confront the black youth, and was disarmed....do you really believe the black youth should return the weapon during the height of confrontation?

Or him refusing to return it and leaving the scene peacefully justifies "robbery"?

I'll remember that the next time a white guy confronts me with a weapon....if I am lucky enough to disarm him and refute the attack, I best to be returning his weapon immediately else I be prosecuted for theft.

[ QUOTE ]
the testimony of those involved in this incident, as I've read, was disregarded because of inaccuracies/disparities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and was merely poitning out that despite the same level of inaccuracies and disparities with the Jena 6 beating....44 eyewitnesses could not agree on the attackers identity, only their color..but that hasn't stopped the DA from seeking felony attempted murder charges.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Why aren't they protesting for charging the white kids for smashing the beer bottles instead of marching to free the "Jena 6" thugs. They just look stupid out there, if they protested charging the white beer bottle smasher, they would look better.

Where are we at, can me and my white friends go beat up anyone and expect to go free if the Jena 6 go free... so so stupid.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:58 PM

By "disarming" do you mean "taking and bringing home"? That is what he did; he took someone's property and brought it into his home. The correct move? Leave the scene. Or, if you must take it, call the police and give it to them.

And again...for the 12th time, the "attempted murder charges" have been dropped to "battery".
Old 09-20-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The fact that one actually went to a hospital for his injuries, which were verified, and the other claims he was severely beaten, yet has no hospital statement to back him up. Don't even consider skin color here, are you telling me one of these doesn't sound more credible than the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that BOTH assaults occured is indisputable, not sure why you don't find the first case "credible" when the DA himself eventually, and begrudgingly, charged the white attackers........only with a drastic difference in degree....that is the entire point.

In one case, the whites attacking blacks get charged with "simple assault"....up to 6 months probation.

In the other case, the blacks attacking whites get charged with felony aggravated assault and attempted murder....up to 15 years in prison.

Tell me you think that is fair, and then I won't bother continuing the discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the shotgun thing again, this is exactly why I said it was cloudy. All we have to go one are eye witness testimony, which, by the way, lean heavily my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

44 eyewitness reports from the beating not being able to agree on the identity of the attackers, only their skin color....that would lean heavily the other way...no?
Old 09-20-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By "disarming" do you mean "taking and bringing home"? That is what he did; he took someone's property and brought it into his home.

[/ QUOTE ]

He took a firearm from someone he was in a confrontation retrieved with the reasonable intention to use against him.

Obviously, he wasn't going to merely return a loaded weapon to an adversary right after the struggle.

He left the scene with it...PEACEFULLY.

He did not turn the weapon on the white kid. He disarmed and defused the confrontation, and left.

For that, he was charged with robbery.

[ QUOTE ]
And again...for the 12th time, the "attempted murder charges" have been dropped to "battery".

[/ QUOTE ]

Only after the pressure of protests and calls for fair treatment for all skin colors. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It's still a sad commentary that the DA only does right once a big fuss is made, and had it been left quiet, these six kids would have been "done up right" by the racist Jena establishment.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The fact that one actually went to a hospital for his injuries, which were verified, and the other claims he was severely beaten, yet has no hospital statement to back him up. Don't even consider skin color here, are you telling me one of these doesn't sound more credible than the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that BOTH assaults occured is indisputable, not sure why you don't find the first case "credible" when the DA himself eventually, and begrudgingly, charged the white attackers........only with a drastic difference in degree....that is the entire point.

In one case, the whites attacking blacks get charged with "simple assault"....up to 6 months probation.

In the other case, the blacks attacking whites get charged with felony aggravated assault and attempted murder....up to 15 years in prison.

Tell me you think that is fair, and then I won't bother continuing the discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the shotgun thing again, this is exactly why I said it was cloudy. All we have to go one are eye witness testimony, which, by the way, lean heavily my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

44 eyewitness reports from the beating not being able to agree on the identity of the attackers, only their skin color....that would lean heavily the other way...no?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, at this point, you're going to have a hard time making a point when you're jumping between arguing different points for different occurances. He's talking about the shot-gun incident witnesses and you bring up the 44 witnesses from the beating. You're not helping those who, I think, actually agree with you.

I certainly agree with you on key points, but you're almost trying to make that hard to do when you go on like this.

I don't think anyone here has said it's fair that the white guy being charged with a lesser crime than the black guys. And you're trying to bring it up like it's making some new point? That was the WHOLE point to begin with. That's what everyone's so upset about, I thought.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, one time, when I was younger, a friend and I started a small fire while leaving a forest (I wasn't that bright as a kid, rather, I was high), only to come face to face with Johnny Law. He didn't notice us at first, so we came up with a story. Of course it's easy for any white person to say "Some black guys did it!" and have the cops looking for anonymous black men. Happens all the time. But we, as white kids, went the other way with it. We said 4 tall white guys did it. Genious, no? Later, while we were in jail... (only kidding, for some reason the officer believed us, and gave us some candy, and talked to us like Kermit the Frog... I think)
Old 09-20-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's still a sad commentary that the DA only does right once a big fuss is made, and had it been left quiet, these six kids would have been "done up right" by the racist Jena establishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which I think, 8 pages later, is what this whole topic was about to begin with. It got off topic when people started questioning the validity of everything we have no hard evidence to back. Pointless? Perhaps. But this we have proof of. We know what the DA tried to do, so perhaps we should stay focused on that.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:24 PM

I have to say, it seems to me that when one guy (who hadn't been proven to be involved in ANYTHING, be it putting up nooses or the party incident or anything else) gets jumped by 6 guys, knocked unconscious, and receives injuries that require a hospital visit, whether you want to mitigate it because he still wanted to go to his school's one-night-only "ring ceremony" or not, there needs to be repercussions.

This is simply Al Sharpton's next big TV grandstand. That is all I can actually say based on the evidence at hand. Think about it, if 6 white guys beat up a black guy, you don't think there would be a HUGE outcry around the country? BS. The gun incident seems to have not led to any charges against the white guy because they don't have any concrete evidence of who started anything or why he got his gun out in the first place.

If he really did feel threatened (which is entirely possible), then he was well within his rights. If not, he should have faced charges, but the whole bit with the gun doesn't seem to be the central issue. Everything I read says Bailey is only being charged with the assault and not the theft or disturbing the peace.

Also according to the Wikipedia article, much is being made of the all-white jury. The problem with that is (again, according to the article with cited sources) none of the black people called for jury duty appeared. Sad, but true.

I don't deny that there are clearly BIG problems in Jena, LA. But two wrongs STILL don't make a right, and you can't go getting all your boys together to stomp the [censored] out of a guy who wasn't involved in anything criminal just because you're upset. The "party incident" seems to have been pretty equal on both sides and has no verifiable evidence. If a guy got smashed with a beer bottle and didn't get medical attention, that's up to him. I hate racism and I hate that its going on, but it seems to me like this is a case of "well, there's all this racism is going on down here, so let these kids walk when they ganged up to beat the [censored] out of a random white kid". That doesn't fly with me.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

See, at this point, you're going to have a hard time making a point when you're jumping between arguing different points for different occurances. He's talking about the shot-gun incident witnesses and you bring up the 44 witnesses from the beating. You're not helping those who, I think, actually agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is simple...let's treat each of the incidents fairly and equally.

If "cloudy and confusing" eyewitness reports are enough to exonerate the white kid who pulled a gun on a black youth....then how are similarly "cloudy and confused" eyewitness reports enough to condemn the black youths with attempted murder in the beating of a white kid?

"Cloudy and confusing" eyewitness testimony should be treated equally in both incidents, not vary wildly to both ends of a spectrum based on the victim and attackers skin color.

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly agree with you on key points, but you're almost trying to make that hard to do when you go on like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going on like what? By pointing out obvious differences in treatment of similar situations, on what appears to be due to skin color alone...both by the authorities handling the case, and from several posters opining in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone here has said it's fair that the white guy being charged with a lesser crime than the black guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone seems to think it's fair to charge a kid with robbery for not immedietaly returning a firearm to someone he disarmed during a confrontation.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Al Sharpton:

"We are in a city where it is considered a prank to hang a hangman's noose, but it is attempted murder to have a fight".

I'd like to see if Sharpton thinks many people can hold their own in a 6-on-1 mugging. Of course, I don't think anybody really gives Al Sharpton much credibility. At least, I hope that's the case.