Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Joey Crawford versus Tim Duncan

"Because Duncan didn't verbally abuse Crawford until AFTER he received the second technical."

This is what I don't really understand and I guess I am not going to. So you have to verbally abuse an official to get a technical? B/c the more I watch Duncan's passive aggressive laughing and making a mockery of the officials on the court (which is on tv every 3 seconds) the more I hope Manu decides to give him the Houdini instead of their typical finishing moves.

I have said many times that Crawford handled it wrong and it shouldn't have ever got to Duncan laughing and making a mockery of the officiating but this doesn't make Tim Duncan any more right. Like it was said earlier, maybe Duncan will have a little more respect for what is going on next time and STFU. If you have something to say, say it--don't laugh behind someone's back etc. etc. etc. much of what tuq said in a previous post. The more I see recaps of Duncan stomping his feet like a bitch and laughing on the bench the more I am appreciating some of these pieces of crap in the league that just tell a ref what they feel about him instead of this condescending passive aggressive bs...and I still can't stand these guys which should tell you how much I can't stand Duncan's act. Ok, there, I got it out. All better =)
Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM

Duncan used to be a quiet, in control player who didn't whine. Or is my memory off? He sucks now and watching him and that Spurs team makes me want to punch them all.

-Al
Old 04-18-2007, 04:17 PM

" So you have to verbally abuse an official to get a technical?"

No. No one said that you did. He got the second tech, THEN he had some nasty things to say to Joey, and that's what the league fined Duncan for.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea his brother is MLB crew chief Jerry Crawford. I see also his old man was an MLB ump for twenty years. He may not endear himself to a lot of people but it would kinda suck if this is how he goes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

They just had a special on HBO's REALSports about the 3 of them about 2 months ago. I really don't think he cares what people think about him.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
online,

PTI asked Stern something just like that, and said "yes, we'd still suspend him." He wasn't fired.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya thats why i put "fired" in quotes ""

anyway that doesn't really answer my question... obviously sterns not going to say he would have acted differently if it were a different player
Old 09-17-2007, 04:57 PM

He's back