Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Note to Mods

Please feel free to put an end to this lunacy any time you see fit.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Default What Does This \"F\" Mean?

A colleague of mine, known for his rather saltly language, along with his bow ties and red glassess, once failed a student who had been a pain in his ass all semester.

The student came to see him and asked, "What does this 'F' mean?"

Reply: "It means F*ck You. I'm tired and I'm tenured."
Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: What Does This \"F\" Mean?

Wow, 41 replies while I've been gone, and some truly entertaining discussion. :P

It didn't come up at all last night again. Instead the wife and I got into a rather large fight on something unrelated. Go figure. Bleh.

My daughter, however, came up with a new one. She turned to my son in the car last night and said "Randy, you're clueless."

Regardless of that one being in no way profanity, she was reprimanded for saying "not nice things" about her brother. :P

Ray
Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Is your son, in fact, clueless?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reply: "It means F*ck You. I'm tired and I'm tenured.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl – classic, JC.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 41 replies while I've been gone, and some truly entertaining discussion. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you appreciate the nuance of posting such an OP here in the lounge rather than, for example, OOT.

That is one of the points of the Lounge – to have entertaining discussion much like folk would if they were having cocktails together – the conversation is supposed to flow.

[ QUOTE ]
My daughter, however, came up with a new one. She turned to my son in the car last night and said "Randy, you're clueless."

[/ QUOTE ]

I love her wit.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is your son, in fact, clueless?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We men are always clueless relative to women. I am sure the lad is quite bright, but the girl is probably right regardless.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It didn't come up at all last night again. Instead the wife and I got into a rather large fight on something unrelated. Go figure. Bleh.

Regardless of that one being in no way profanity, she was reprimanded for saying "not nice things" about her brother. :P

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Oof. I can see the occasional "be nice!," but hopefully this isn't developing into a pattern with your wife. I'd rather have kids who are honest and unafraid to be themselves than trying to be perfect, inhuman little robots. I suppose I know which one I'd like better to be a mannequin in a shop window, but that's not the kind I'd want to say I had any hand in raising, or live with.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A colleague of mine, known for his rather saltly language, along with his bow ties and red glassess, once failed a student who had been a pain in his ass all semester.

The student came to see him and asked, "What does this 'F' mean?"

Reply: "It means F*ck You. I'm tired and I'm tenured."

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I haven't seen you come up with a boring story yet, John.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oof. I can see the occasional "be nice!," but hopefully this isn't developing into a pattern with your wife. I'd rather have kids who are honest and unafraid to be themselves than trying to be perfect, inhuman little robots. I suppose I know which one I'd like better to be a mannequin in a shop window, but that's not the kind I'd want to say I had any hand in raising, or live with.

[/ QUOTE ]

We try to focus on being able to have fun while not being mean. We encourage sportsmanship and good behavior, but we also let them let loose. For example Tuesday night, while playing outside, they decided it would be a bright idea to start playing in the sprinklers. They got drenched and pretty muddy, but it's not like they hurt anything. Up to bath time for them with zero complaints from me about the mess I would be cleaning up. Just kids being kids.

With them so close in age, they act a lot like twins, which equates to "we love each other and no one better mess with the other, but we give each other crap endlessly." Amazing that they are in this pattern already at such a young age. :P

Ray
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: \"You\'re Freaking Crazy\"

[ QUOTE ]
I agree on most of that, but kids' judgment is pretty poor. They're more likely to stand up on top of their chair in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner and go, Hey Daddy! Listen to me fart!, and then burst out laughing after blowing a butt bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to pick a fight with ya over this one, but, so what?

Good grief.....should the above happen, what exactly is the problem?

For cripes sake....it's a CHILD....doing CHILDISH things.

Children are supposed to do childish things, as they're only children once.

Sorry, but this PC, tight-arsed POV is such a misdirected waste of time.

For those parents who want to turn this type of normal children's behavior into some sort or mortal-sin type of transgression.......Rotsa Ruck.

FWIW, I have lived in an extremely wealthy, elitist bedroom community for almost 30 years.

Most of the parents I know in this town would be mortified if their 'perfect' children were ever to display this imperfect type of behavior in public.

I also know a number of practicing psychologists and therapists who work almost exclusively with children from my 'perfect' little town.

If I were to reveal some of the stories surrounding some of these wonderfully perfect little sociopaths, you flat out would not believe it.

So, ya know what, if my kid breaks wind in public, I will be sure to let them know that they will not be marked with a scarlet letter on their forehead for the rest of their life.

I'll let the 'perfect' parents castigate their 'perfect' children for such a fearsome offense.

Me? I'll focus on the less important stuff......

...Like ensuring they know the difference between right & wrong, truth and a lie, honesty and dishonesty, treating people the way you'd like to be treated.

Maybe someday I'll get my priorities straight, eh?