Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: ***Offical Summer Transfer Thread***

actually, these purchases are very consistent with what we've done in the past. If we were chelsea, we'd be buying just past their sell on date players at exorbinent prices
Old 05-30-2007, 11:24 PM

you guys are douche bags. And yes, I am pissed because my team isn't spending [censored] for money on players.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:33 PM

we're not done spending just yet either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. We still have to get another striker and probably some extra cover on the back line
Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 PM

so pretty much you guys will be screwed if you don't go deep in CL or win the league, right?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 PM

Man Utd fans who complain about Chelsea buying the title are funny
Old 05-31-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any fans who complain about any team buying the title are funny

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. I hope AC Milan spends whatever it takes with smart purchases. If they make $200M worth of smart purchases, I'll be happier than if they make $100M of the same. Smaller teams (again, smart ones who can develop players) benefit from the ridiculous spending as well.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 AM

Just for those curious, some feedback I have seen on an arsenal board I frequent.

Hargreaves: Large sum paid for an injury prone player. Where is he going to play? Take over for Carrick? Scholes?
Anderson: Nice addition, but inconsistent. Played on the same Brazilian U-17 team that Arsenal's Denilson captained. Up in the air about this guy, but the general consensus is he will be good.
Nani: A poor mans Ronaldo. Haven't seen a ton of praise for this guy. Doesn't even get called up for the Portuguese team. 19 years old I believe.

Looks like close to 50mill for three players, two who are very young and one who is injury prone. What I don't get it where are all three of these players going to play. ManU can't afford to sign players like SWP and let them ride the pine. Who is on their way out?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:50 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

on the way out: fletcher, o;shea, richardson. This is where hargreaves will fit in. Nani will do what we tried to do with richardson but he sucked at.

The thing i love about these signings is the age. Our midfield is pretty old (giggs, scholes), these players can replace them as time goes on. We;re not in a hurry to play everyone and hopefully we will need lots of depth with all the games we;re going to play on the way to many trophies next year.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:01 AM

TSC, something you have to remember with ManU is that we play a flexible system that during the run of play can go from a traditional 442 to a 433 to a 451 to a 4411. This is where Hargreaves, nani, and Anderson come in. it's not a full out dutch total football system, but its focused on attacking play.

What you also have to realize is what RJ said, Scholes and Giggsy are retiring soon and why on earth would we allow ourselves to be caught out and buy guys at the last minute to replace them. This way we can have guys groomed for these positions and be able to go forward in the intervening years with a new young team. This team right now is still in a transition phase from teh team that won the treble and 3 premiership titles on the spin. That is what made this title so great, this new squad that fergie is putting together hasn't fully formed
Old 05-31-2007, 02:07 AM

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
As the Reds Go Marching On! On! On!

</pre><hr />