Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Actor / Actress that you thought would hit the next level, but did

One of those guys did very well, and plays a doctor in Scrubs. That's not top of the top, but he's certainly had a good career.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Actor / Actress that you thought would hit the next level, but didn\'t

[ QUOTE ]
The entire cast of Platoon, excluding Sheen and Depp. Every single character was convincing in that movie. Just strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dafoe and Berenger have had fine careers and don't forget Johnny Drama [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2007, 08:51 PM

Kyle MacLachlan

He just never seemed to get over being Lynch's boy, coupled with horrible career choices like The Flintstones and Showgirls. And now his big comback consists of "Desperate Housewives". Kinda sad (Actually, you could throw Terri Hatcher in there too. She seemed to have huge potential then disappeared until resurected on Housewives.)

I always thought it would have been cool if The X-Files had somehow worked in a pseudo-crossover with Twin Peaks by having a MacLachlan guest star or cameo. Maybe a prequel? MacLachlan stops in at Mulder's office to get back some equipment he'd loaned Fox. He's on his way to investigate a murder in a small town in the North-West and needs the tape recorder to file his reports.

"Diane, I'm standing in Fox Mulder's office. It's cluttered. The walls are full of posters, photographs and clippings. I've seen similar wallpapering by violent schitzophrenics. Mulder is a good man, but sometimes I worry about him."
Old 06-07-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyle MacLachlan

He just never seemed to get over being Lynch's boy, coupled with horrible career choices like The Flintstones and Showgirls. And now his big comback consists of "Desperate Housewives". Kinda sad (Actually, you could throw Terri Hatcher in there too. She seemed to have huge potential then disappeared until resurected on Housewives.)

I always thought it would have been cool if The X-Files had somehow worked in a pseudo-crossover with Twin Peaks by having a MacLachlan guest star or cameo. Maybe a prequel? MacLachlan stops in at Mulder's office to get back some equipment he'd loaned Fox. He's on his way to investigate a murder in a small town in the North-West and needs the tape recorder to file his reports.

"Diane, I'm standing in Fox Mulder's office. It's cluttered. The walls are full of posters, photographs and clippings. I've seen similar wallpapering by violent schitzophrenics. Mulder is a good man, but sometimes I worry about him."

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this.

A different take would be an X-Files episode where they discover MacLachlan is the alien he was in the movie The Hidden, perhaps even think he's responsible for some creepy deaths or doings that are actually the result of a new destructive alien who similarly found his way to earth and whom MacLachlan starts trying to catch. You could actually have a good story arch over some episodes with that.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 PM

Name the villainous alien "Frank" and throw in some cheezy voice overs like Dune and we have ourselves a pastiche!

There'd also have to be regular veiled references and innuendos to Fox being a crossdresser...
Old 06-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Christian Slater.

The line of teen hearthrobs who never made the transition to movie star is a long one, but I really would have though Slater'd be one of the few. Maybe with a career path similar to Nicolas Cage - A bunch of well respected cult/small/indy movies before "selling out" and sleepwalking through blockbusters.

Molly Ringwald would be another one in this category. Where did her career go?

Just checked wikipedia:

[ QUOTE ]
Ringwald reportedly turned down the leading role of Julia Roberts' part in the 1990 box office smash Pretty Woman and also Demi Moore's leading role in the film Ghost.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Name the villainous alien "Frank" and throw in some cheezy voice overs like Dune and we have ourselves a pastiche!

There'd also have to be regular veiled references and innuendos to Fox being a crossdresser...

[/ QUOTE ]

And let's get Dennis Hopper as a surviving victim of the alien, wearing, of course, an oxygen mask while being quizzed in the hospital. As he dies, the background music will be "Candy Colored Clown."
Old 06-07-2007, 10:14 PM

LOL wow those are whopper mistakes. She really didn't have anywhere near the looks to be a leading lady, though, so would have to make it on her personality. And I'd read she was quite a b*tch, so ....

I was walking down the street one day, barely registered it was her before she gave me this weird look of pure hatred. I swear she looked like she wanted to kill me. Really weird chick.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 PM

Matthew Lillard. This guy has got to have the worst agent ever.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matthew Lillard. This guy has got to have the worst agent ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i had to look this guy up. I had no idea who he was. You're talking about Shaggy? That was an awful movie!