Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: preflop quiz...

I thought preflop was gay?

But I really want to see where I fall on this awesome graph...

(1) Ugh. Fold.
(2) Call
(3) Complete
(4) Call
(5) Raise
(6) Fold
(7) Raise
(8) Call - I can see raising too, but I'd like more than 2 limpers.
(9) Call.
(10) Complete.

Bonus (X) Call.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
when a hand post about a legitimate postflop question ends up with 10-15 comments about preflop, and ~50% of the comments are wrong....

"preflop is gay" was an immature way of saying, "basic preflop play should not be incredibly difficult to learn, so do as much as you can on your own time and don't take the focus off of something that deserves more time/discussion."

you know?

btw i think i'll wait for 100 responses before i graph it all up (wtf am i thinking?). anyone who answers after the 100th response in this thread (not 100th answer - just 100th response) won't be included in the graph.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
when a hand post about a legitimate postflop question ends up with 10-15 comments about preflop, and ~50% of the comments are wrong....

"preflop is gay" was an immature way of saying, "basic preflop play should not be incredibly difficult to learn, so do as much as you can on your own time and don't take the focus off of something that deserves more time/discussion."

you know?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know. I just [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] digging up old posts.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:47 PM

1. fold
2. raise
3. complete
4. fold, but not always
5. raise
6. 3-bet if UTG is typical of table
7. raise
8. raise
9. call
10. complete
X. call or raise (probably raise)
Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Bump (cuz we've been at 73 for 2.5 hours).
Old 03-03-2006, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's say you just sat at a table. i dont know. it's 0.5/1. everyone is like 30-50/0-10. avg of about 40/8. very typical i must say.

anyway clearly this is because i saw like a ton of crazy stuff today. i was at work yelling, "CMON DUDES" so everone was like "Wtf?"

[/ QUOTE ]
I blame me. I have not been around killing kittens and yelling at n00bs.

Anyhow,

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop.

Fold. I used to call way back when, but that was a leak.

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I think calling and raising are both viable options.

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Complete. Most ML games are 1/2 blind structure (fold a 1/3, call a 2/5).

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I chuck it usually, but calling is not bad.

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I 3 bet this most of the time. Calling is not HORRIBLE, but I think 3 betting is clearly better.

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Fold.

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

3 bet his bitch ass.

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I think raising is clearly best, but limping is not horrible.

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

Closing the action, I call in a 1/2 blind structure.

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Eeek. I fold it. Very close. I can't fault someone for saying call here.

BONUS OMG POSTFLOP QUESTION
X. you see a free flop with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 7 people see a flop of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. you bet, 3 folds, MP raises, Button coldcalls, 1 fold.

Call and check raise his ass when I hit my hand.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:55 PM

1, fold
2, call
3, call
4, call
5, raise
6, call
7, 3 bet
8, raise
9, call
10, call

POSTFLOP: call

only one i wasn't sure about was 6 wether to call or raise or fold.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold even though i'd be sitting there saying, "9:1, wtf, time to floop a wheel" and call..

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop your wheel once every 360 times.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:44 PM

ok anyone who answers after this post is not going to be counted in the tally. screw 100 replies.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:10 AM

Given that everyone is about 40/5, here are my answers:

1) fold due to RIO

2) call
3) call

4) you're in UTG+2, 7 players left, at 5% pfr that's a 30% chance that it will be raised behind you. If we assumed that the blinds would only raise 2.5% of the time each, due to their postion and the inertia of checking for bad players, then it's a 26.4% chance of a raise, I think. Your position sucks, too. I'd fold, but I'm really curious about how bad a call would be here.

5) raise
6) fold

7) call due to low edge vs the first guy and an LPP in the BB. This will be tough post-flop but if you're uber-awesome then should be +EV.

8) raise
9) dude, call or quit poker
10) complete the BB

X) Fabritzio calls.

Edit: LOL, just missed the cut. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Greg's answer to perhaps raise QJo was interesting. It woulde depend on how good you were in large pots and how bad they were in medium pots. I think that the likelihood of domination exists and that the non-suitedness of the hand makes it a call rather than raise. I'm on the fence with regards to calling the steal with 77, but three-betting would be good to teach the aggressive guy not to steal your blinds. However, you don't really want to do anything to change his style of play to being more passive (more correct), so calling has further meta-game advantage.

Edit: Glad to see shill and botset calling with T8s. Shill, what does it depend on when you're making your decision with ATo? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]