Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Week 9 Early NCAA Lines

[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone think about USF/UConn this week. It's already dropped from 5.5 to 4.5 even though the raw numbers (Sagarin-TO diff.) would suggest USF being favored by 9.

I'd imagine it has to do with last week's performance, but it's pretty questionable whether this is squares overreacting to one team's high-profile loss on national television or whether it's sharps correctly docking USF 6-7 points for a letdown after blowing their undefeated season. Kind of curious what the forum thinks on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think UConn is legit and I really like their program as an up-and-comer in the Big East. Well-coached, good fundamentals, etc. They kind of remind me of a poor man's USF. I like USF in this game though. I don't think it qualifies as a letdown. Back to back conference road games are tough, but they've had a long week because their last game was on Thur. This is for first place in the conference right? I expect USF to be ready and to win around 24-14.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:02 PM

Jumping on the line now.

USF -4 -110
Old 10-23-2007, 05:21 PM

my 1st post i just started sports betting this year and i only bet my favorite college football. Let me know what you think about my possible picks this week.

Air Force +6
USF -4
Purdue -13
Vandy -13.5
South Carolina +3
Kentucky -14
Troy -4.5
Wake Forest -6
Houston -4
Utah - 6.5

I really like Troy and USF.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:55 PM

C. Michigan -2.5 1 Unit
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my 1st post i just started sports betting this year and i only bet my favorite college football. Let me know what you think about my possible picks this week.

Air Force +6
USF -4
Purdue -13
Vandy -13.5
South Carolina +3
Kentucky -14
Troy -4.5
Wake Forest -6
Houston -4
Utah - 6.5

I really like Troy and USF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to think about why you have so many favorites. It's likely there's a systemic bias in your picks and you might want to evaluate that before you start betting any reasonably large amounts of money.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 PM

I know i have alot of favorite's this week, but that is a product of the lines i believe. Most of the time i am about 50%. I don't have a huge bankroll so i am betting small.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:27 PM

Mississippi State/Kentucky Under 62

I like Under this week about as much as I did Over last week. Just wish I had been there for openers at BookMaker to get 64. Will post rationale later, been a very long day.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mississippi State/Kentucky Under 62

I like Under this week about as much as I did Over last week. Just wish I had been there for openers at BookMaker to get 64. Will post rationale later, been a very long day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you expect Kentucky's D to hold MSU to about 14-21 while Kentucky scores about 35.

I believe in this one too. GL!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nevertheless, they should do to Penn St. about what they did to Purdue, who is similarly crappy

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL ROFL ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

hey pirate, want me to book your bets? im guaranteed at least the vig, the way i figure it, and probably +2U this week alone. you're the only guy i have knowledge of, gets comps from off shore books. didn't the greek offer to pay your meals for a month or something?

tlt

[/ QUOTE ]

So when you have an opinion, we should bow down. But when I have an opinion, you ridicule me? Amazing.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 AM

yeah, well, how's it feel?

you dismiss a poster's observations with ROFL, which is insulting and derogatory--that is, the ridicule for which you fault me is precisely how you respond to talcum's opinion. you have nothing constructive to subtract from his post, just as you have nothing to contribute in any of your other observations, which are mere repetitions of what you've read. you either assume an almighty posture and sneer, or you fawn and praise, and neither are based on judgment--and then, of course, whine when slapped down for it. how do you spell PUNK?

well, baitch, quess what? that guy, in the one or two posts i read above demonstrates a firmer grasp on football reality than you apparently will ever accomplish. and that goes for the rest of you lack-wits in equal measure.

and get one thing straight: i don't want agreement from you or any of the rest of you, my pride is quite sufficient without it. i want and expect some measure of courtesy, even from the classless--although, of course, that is the very hall mark of the classless, isn't it? the price one has to pay when rubbing shoulders with fools.

tlt